Monday, January 22, 2007

In the multitude of my anxieties

I am stressed out and overwhelmed. I will not try your patience with the laundry list of things I have to be stressed about, just suffice it to say my anxiety level is high this morning. I've been rushing around, making a grocery list, putting on a load of laundry, making my to do list, all the while getting more and more overwhelmed. In my hurry and scurry, I had not taken the time for prayer and the Word. Finally, I made myself be still just for a moment, and this was my devotional reading dated for today (from Daily Light, a devotional book comprised only of selected Scripture for each day's reading):
In the multitude of my anxieties within me,
Your comforts delight my soul.
When my heart is overwhelmed; lead me to the rock that is higher than I.
O Lord, I am oppressed; undertake for me!~Cast your burden on the Lord, and He shall sustain you.
I am a little child; I do not know how to go out or come it.~If any of you lacks wisdom, let him ask of God,...and it will be given to him.
Who is sufficient for these things?~I know that in me (that is, in my flesh) nothing good dwells.~My grace is sufficient for you, for My strength is made perfect in weakness.
How faithful is our God!

6 comments:

  1. It is amazing when He speaks like that to us. I just love it when He does! I hope your stress and anxiety levels have decreased! Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so beautiful! Thank you for sharing it. May the Lord help you complete everything that needs to be done, with peace in your heart.

    Blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this! I remember reading that first sentence but don't know where it is in the Word. Is this all one scripture or a bunch put together? Does your devotional say?

    Hope you had a nice break reading this and got everything done afterwards that you needed to do.

    ReplyDelete
  4. The references are listed at the bottom of each page; I just didn't type them out! They are as follows:

    Ps. 94:19; Ps. 61:2; Isa. 38:14; Ps. 55:22; 1 Kings 3:7; James 1:5; 2 Cor. 2:16; Rom. 7:18; 2 Cor. 12:9.

    Thanks for your kind words of encouragement.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Don't faint because I'm posting!! Actually, this is my second try - the first, very long-winded comment, has disappeared. Obviously I have some things to learn about the blog-world. :-) I encourage you today!! May God continue to teach us that ABIDING in Him despite of and in the midst of our "to-do lists," is where our joy and contentment lies. I am a stubborn student........

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you for these words, Lisa! I allow myself to get overwhelmed--thank you for the reminder that our God is faithful to sustain us!

    ReplyDelete