Thursday, January 25, 2007

Today I am thankful for...


This afternoon I took a short break from the stack of books and notes and Bibles and commentaries on my dining room table-turned desk and did a little blog cruising, discovering another bit of blog fun: Thankful Thursdays at Sting My Heart. Since I've discovered gratitude to be a great stress reliever (did someone mention stress?), here is my list of "Things I Am Especially Thankful For Today"

Today, I am especially thankful for:

My good health.
And for good reason, other than the obvious: my son has been sick with the stomach virus and I have been terribly afraid of getting it myself. As I am leading my church's ladies' retreat this weekend (as in tomorrow, hence the stacks of books and stress mentioned above), getting sick would not be a good thing. I've prayed; am praying; asking you to pray if you happen to think about it...

The humbling privilege and responsibility of teaching God's Word.
Today, as I was cramming, I mean "preparing," I was suddenly overcome by the incredible privilege He has given me. To be used by Him in this capacity humbles me beyond words. What grace. What mercy. I am the least, the foolish, the lesser...how I pray He will take my meager offering and use it for His glory.

Friends.
Friends of like mind, friends of equal passion...friends who pray, friends who keep me straight...friends who comment on my blog, friends who call instead...I am so very thankful I do not make this journey alone.

For more giving of thanks, check out today's Thankful Thursday here.

8 comments:

  1. I said a little prayer for your health!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. And I am thankful that you joined the bunch.

    Yes, leading a retreat is an incredible privilege. I am sure that God will see you through this. I know it can cause a lot of stress, but it will also be a blessing to you and the other ladies.
    I am lifting you up to be healthy through the retreat and beyond.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful list and wondeful blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for sharing, I am praying for your health.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I hope that your weekend went well, Lisa! I am praying for your health and energy! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Well...Lisa it is amazing how things work out....Our Almighty God is in control of everything...I am so sorry that you got sick, but Lisa God spoke through you in a mighty, might way this weekend....I could feel His presence in your (His) every word...my love always...

    MdA

    ReplyDelete
  7. Well...Lisa it is amazing how things work out....Our Almighty God is in control of everything...I am so sorry that you got sick, but Lisa God spoke through you in a mighty, might way this weekend....I could feel His presence in your (His) every word...my love always...

    MdA

    ReplyDelete
  8. I hope that your weekend went well, Lisa! I am praying for your health and energy! Blessings to you!

    ReplyDelete