Sunday, February 25, 2007

Very, very interesting

As many of you know, my church is going through a difficult time, with many families having left and many more secretly wanting to, as well as some not so secretly wanting to. You can read my previous posts on this subject here and here.

Well, as I was blog-surfing yesterday, I stumbled upon centuri0n's take on this subject at Pyromaniacs. His answer to the question, when should I leave my church? Never. Check it out here and if you have time, there's like 75 comments contributing to a very, very interesting conversation indeed. He has a follow up post here, as well as a more in depth discussion at his own blog here and here.

And, despite how it may appear, I am not trying to see how many links I can cram into two paragraphs!

4 comments:

  1. The grass always looks greener til you get there...then it turns brown.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, Lisa, I just read your two previous posts and they are things I could have written about our own situation. My husband and I struggle with some of the same things - discontent, but is it time to go? Right now, we stay, for we think that is what God would have us do. I've read some of centurion's posting on this - hopefully I can take some time later to read the rest. Thanks for sharing this! I'll pray for you today.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa, I love your oringinality and I'm glad for you cramming a lot in--gives us lots of good stuff to read!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I haven't made it through all the links. We've been through this in the last year as well. I prayed for your meeting last night. I'll be in touch.

    ReplyDelete