Monday, March 05, 2007

Blogging is people talking

Or that's what some man said on the PBS show I watched Saturday night. (and, yes, it was one wild and crazy Saturday night around here--I mean, PBS!)

And I have to agree; blogging is in fact people talking, conversing, sharing and exchanging ideas and thoughts and opinions. It always surprises me just a little when someone says to me, "I read your blog today" or "about what you said in your blog the other day..." I know it's a little odd, but I sometimes forget that people actually read what I write!

So, to continue in the reflective mood that commemorated my 100th post, I have to also recognize you, the reader. That you would spend a small portion of your valuable time here, reading these simple reflections is both amazing and humbling to me. I thank you for reading, even (and perhaps especially) those of you who read yet never comment. Sharing a part of my world and the contemplations thereof is both a joy and a privilege.

Blogging is people talking. Here's to great conversation!

3 comments:

  1. I love reading "the Blog" - even though it still sounds like a B-rated monster movie to me....ha....THE BLOG!!!!!!!

    I look forward to my few minutes with you each day and I pray for you as I read...

    MdA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Here, here! When I first discovered blogs it was amazing to me that the writer actually responded to something I may have commented, exactly as if we were having a conversation! That is a whole part of it that I just love.

    My hubby, however, just totally doesn't get blogging.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Here, here! When I first discovered blogs it was amazing to me that the writer actually responded to something I may have commented, exactly as if we were having a conversation! That is a whole part of it that I just love.

    My hubby, however, just totally doesn't get blogging.

    ReplyDelete