Friday, March 02, 2007

Cue the band...

...in honor of my one hundredth post. Yes, that's right. One HUNDRED!

We are certainly a people who love to celebrate milestones. Fifteen years with the same company. A twenty year anniversary. My boy turning thirteen.

And isn't it interesting that we especially like to celebrate those nice round numbers divisible by five or ten? A tenth or fifteenth anniversary somehow seems more important to celebrate than the eleventh or sixteenth.

And I suppose I am no different. Somehow today's post prompts more reflection than tomorrow's or yesterday's. And as I look back on the past one hundred clicks of the "publish" button, I can only marvel. What a ride!

My first introduction to the blog world came about a year ago from a friend of mine at church who recommended the blog of a buddy of his from high school, now a pastor in Louisiana. I clicked and read. And clicked and read. And clicked and read some more.

It was a whole new world for me. A world of ideas and debates and conversation that I never knew existed. I found my beliefs challenged and confirmed and refined as I read blogs on theology. I was encouraged and inspired as I read blogs of moms like me, struggling to balance faith and family. I laughed as I read blogs that are just plain funny.

Several months into my blog addiction, my husband says to me, "You ought to blog." As I never do anything spontaneously, I thought about it and then did what every true nerd does: ordered a book on blogging from Amazon. After all, one cannot make an educated decision without first being educated.

Finally, after much research, I decided to take the plunge. Of course, there was that little hang up of naming the blog and finding a unique url. In my mind, this was harder than naming my children! Especially as it seemed that every url we could think of was already taken!

At last, with much trepidation, I waded in. I would be lying to you if I said I wasn't intimidated. I was, and still am.

But what has been so amazing to me is not that I've got a hundred posts under my belt, nor that now I actually get a comment or two after so many comment-less posts. Rather, it is the sense of community I've discovered, the kindred spirits who share both my passion and my journey.

A couple of months ago I left a comment on a blog I visited on occasion. That comment prompted an email conversation, and even a phone conversation (that's right, real voices, not just the typed words!). A friendship was born. All because of this amazing technology.

So, for all you Napoleon Dynamite fans out there...

Oh, I love technology...

What a God. Even computers and modems and cables can serve His purposes. Is He incredible or what?

10 comments:

  1. Congratulations, my Friend!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    I have been so blessed and challenged by the words that God has allowed you to write...Keep it up....I always look forward to a new post...

    My love Always

    MdA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh Wow and you don't look a day over 20!! Congrats!! Here's looking forward to a 100 more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations! Keep writing - for what it is worth, I really appreciate your blog. It's not often I run across a kindred spirit who so consistently writes what I'm thinking! :^)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm glad you took the plunge! Keep 'em coming!

    ReplyDelete
  5. You are a wonderful addition to the blogosphere. I'm so very glad we met.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Happy Hundredth! To echo the previous, thrilled that you took the plunge, still reading through and enjoying your past posts, and anticipating great delight in your seasoned God's Word alone is true approach in your future posts!

    I thank God for the kindred spirit that you are!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Behold, The one who comes after me is greater than I!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Congrats on your 100th post! I am glad I have found your blog! You are a new friend,but one I am looking forward to getting to know better! I'm glad we are solamoms together and am very thankful for like mindedness in the blogworld!

    Kim

    ReplyDelete
  9. That is so funny, that you ordered a book on blogging before you took the plunge. Now that is thorough! And I so know what you mean about naming the blog harder than naming your children. And the url. Yoy!

    Say now where is your traditional list of 100 things about you that goes with your 100th post?!

    ReplyDelete