Monday, March 05, 2007

Out of the rubble: Redemption

I'm sure most, if not all, of you have seen the images of the devastation in Enterprise, Alabama. Unimaginable destruction.

My parents are part of a disaster relief team that has been working there in Enterprise. Saturday, as my dad worked with other men to cover a roof with a tarp, my mom chatted with the homeowner. As they prepared to leave, my mom hugged her newfound friend and asked her if she knew Jesus. There, in the middle of destruction and devastation, of rubble and ruin, a new child of God was born into the kingdom! Glory to God!

He reached down from on high and took hold of me;
he drew me out of deep waters.
He rescued me from my powerful enemy...
They confronted me in the day of my disaster,
but the Lord was my support
He brought me out into a spacious place...
Ps. 18:16-19

6 comments:

  1. How wonderful! Out of deep waters into a spacious place; only the grace of God can do that for us. Thanks be to him for his abundant mercy!s

    ReplyDelete
  2. That is amazing! Praise God!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the spontenaity Sunday as you shared this story at church. Does blog sites do spellcheck? I think I butchered a word above. Anyways, I metioned to you yesterday that this site was blocked at work. Gloriously it reappeared today. Congrats on your 102nd post:)

    R. Sims

    ReplyDelete
  4. He is too marvelous for words! This left me breathless.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Out of disaster and into His arms. How beautiful!

    ReplyDelete