Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Should've, could've, would've

Last night I stepped way, way, WAY outside of my comfort zone, in a place just a month or so ago I would never imagined myself being. Today in the aftermath I am haunted by the "should've, could've, would've." You know, second guessing and doubting and wondering and fearing the worst. Perhaps...maybe...instead...why...why not...

And on and on it goes.

Perhaps insecurity is a stranger to you and you have no idea what I'm talking about. But no doubt many of you have stepped up and stepped out, much like I did, and in doing so, realized your own inadequacy. Overwhelming inadequacy. You second guess because you know on your own you're a bundle of nerves and not much else. At least that's my experience.

Last night I asked God for words. His, not mine. I walked into the room and out of my comfort zone knowing He went with me and before me. I was following Him, really. Today as I am tempted to indulge in doubt and anxiety, can I count on His faithfulness? Oh, yes. Yes, indeed. It's out of my hands and into His.

3 comments:

  1. : )

    I can see you growing, what is it?--an inch this week?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Interesting the freedom and peace we gain from letting go of what we never really held control over in the first place.

    It's exciting to see God's faithfulness and plans unfold, isn't it.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My prayers are with you...thank you for stepping out of your comfort zone...I am VERY glad that you did.

    MdA

    ReplyDelete