Tuesday, May 22, 2007

A first time for everything

If you've tuned in hoping for some devotional thoughts or spiritual reflections, well, today's not for you. Instead, this post no doubt belongs in the "totally random" category as I've been thinking about a variety of "firsts" I've experienced the past couple of weeks. Here, in no particular order, are some of my "firsts":

1. Through some email conversation I discovered a fellow blogger and I not only live somewhat near, but we have mutual acquaintances--is it a small world or what?

2. I put some "line dry only" shorts in the dryer (on accident)--and they still fit!

3. I saw a squirrel leap from the roof of my neighbor's two story house, only to miss the tree branch and plunge to the ground...presumably to it's death? I don't know, I didn't look over the fence to see. Let's just say I heard no evidence of life.

4. I was up, showered, dressed, with make up on at 6:15 this morning.

5. Speaking of makeup, I think I've gone like ten days straight with makeup. A record, I imagine. In my mind, a trip to Walmart or the car line does not warrant the time and effort of making up. Generally speaking, church, Bible study and lunch with my husband have been the usual qualifiers for such time and energy.

6. I saw my name in print. As in "by Lisa..."

7. Totally and completely unrelated to #6 above, I was asked for my autograph. Yes, I was. For real.

So, yes, there's a first time for everything!

Have a blessed Tuesday!

4 comments:

  1. So, what did you publish? Magazine article? The Great American Novel?

    And someone asked for your autograph? How incredibly cool is that? It happened to me once when somebody thought I was the actress who played Vickie Stubing on The Love Boat.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well how totally randomly fun! What did you have published that you saw your name in print? Congrats.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I cannot think of a single first time thing as of late. Oh no! I'm in a rut!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So excited for you about your #6 and #7! How did that come about? :)


    From Lisa No. 2 :))

    ReplyDelete