Friday, May 04, 2007

More randomness, not to mention a recipe

It's funny; after publishing those seven random things about me, I've thought of a dozen other items of complete randomness I could've shared. Things like "My favorite color is black." It is. Or, "I don't drink milk." I don't. Ever. Yuck.

Another random thing about me is that while I do in fact cook, I'm not very good at it. Like no one has ever asked me for a recipe. Except maybe twice. But for another fact of randomness: while I'm no cook, I make really good brownies. Homemade, mind you. So, while I could never come close to the offerings found at Jules' Diner, what I have I give to you...
The Best Brownies

1 cup butter, the real deal
2 cups sugar
2 tsp. vanilla
4 eggs
3/4 cup cocoa
1 cup flour
1/2 tsp. baking powder
1/4 tsp. salt
1 cup nuts (optional)

Melt butter. Sir in vanilla and sugar. Add eggs, one at a time, mixing well after each addition (by hand, using a spoon). Add cocoa; stir until well blended. Add flour, baking powder and salt; stir well. Stir in nuts if desired. Pour into a greased 9 x 13 pan and bake at 350 for 30-35 minutes or until they pull away from the sides of the pan.
(I got this recipe from a girl at our church in the city we lived previously; she brought some by in a "come to our church" recruiting campaign, along with the recipe typed out on a card with the pertinent church info on the back.)

For more recipes, be sure to check out the Recipe Roundup, hosted this month by Kim from Hiraeth. This month's theme is appetizers (yum!). Links will be posted May 15. Get the details here.

4 comments:

  1. Yummy! We're brownie fans from way back!

    My internets been a little testy for a couple days so I'll get on that interesting tag first thing next week.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm with you--milk--Yuck.

    I only drink it with warm cookies and now that I am in that middle age spread period of my life, I never eat warm cookies anymore.

    (I do take calcium supplements--do you? Oh, you really must!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Mmmm...I will have to try this recipe. I have never made homemade brownies.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, perfect!!! I just told someone about an hour ago that I would make them some brownies tomorrow. Great site by the way. Found it off of Leslie's.

    ReplyDelete