Tuesday, June 12, 2007

Upswing

No doubt it was studying God's Word in Sunday school. James 5, to be exact: Be patient...the Lord is coming!...the fervent prayer of a righteous man...

No doubt it was meeting together last night with two of my dearest friends for prayer and intercession, kneeling together as it were before the throne of grace. Where two or three are gathered...

No doubt it was the prayers of so many of you, some who commented, some who did not, some who know me, some who couldn't pick my face out of a crowd of brunettes nor distinguish my voice in a sea of southern drawls--yet you prayed on my behalf. Here is one of the great joys of the body of Christ, is it not? Being joined together by His blood, rejoicing with those who rejoice, mourning with those who mourn...

No doubt it was (and is--praise His name!) the faithfulness of our God, Who is near to us when we call, Who inclines His ear (as my dear friend Cindi encouraged me to remember) as we cry out, Who answers the prayers of His people with awesome deeds of righteousness. He is the Lord who sustains...

He has reached down and lifted me out of my funk and given me a song of praise to sing. My gratitude to those of you who interceded on my behalf. May you know His blessing in return--many times over!

9 comments:

  1. Praise the Lord. Praise the Lord, O my soul. I will praise the Lord all my life; I will sing praise to my God as long as I live. Ps 146:1-2

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's great news! So glad you're on the up and up! I had a funk today... one that's been slowly brewing for quite a while. One that I'd been ignoring. And you know, when you ignore those things that annoy, you only give them room to grow. It's a lesson I'll eventually learn. I am just so sick of being unhappy with my circumstances. I have given them over to God and asked Him to teach me how to be content in my circumstances. He is leading. And I am learning. It's not an easy process, but one that God is quite willing to lead us along, isn't it? He is always faithful. He wants us to trust Him. And of course, He IS totally trustworthy. It's remembering that, when the going gets tough, that's not always easy. Praise God He's lifted you! :o)

    ReplyDelete
  3. YAY! Hold tight to what He has done....

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an answer to prayer!!!

    I love the title of your post: UPswing

    Don't you love the feeling of swinging on a beautiful summer day? There is a freedom that comes from leaving the ground and swinging above it, careless and carefree. In this we know Who to thank for the upswing!

    ReplyDelete