Thursday, June 07, 2007

You can blame it on Johnny

As a small girl, I loved, loved, LOVED Johnny Cash. My mother tells of me rushing to catch a glimpse of him on the television whenever I heard the unmistakable sound of his voice. "It's Johnny! Johnny Cash!" I would call. When I got a few years older, I transferred my affections to the Rhinestone Cowboy, Glen Campbell. I will never forget the Christmas I received his "Rhinestone Cowboy" album, as in a record album, the cover featuring Glen astride a white horse and all decked out in blue and white fringed and rhinestoned cowboy garb. I even saw him in concert, waiting the entire concert for him to sing my song: you got it, "Rhinestone Cowboy." Just when I had given up all hope, he finally came out for the encore to the tune I'd waited for all evening.

All that to say, perhaps due to some subconscious hearkening back to my childish love for the Man in Black, but my favorite color is black. Really. I like to wear black. A lot. My husband cannot understand how one woman could possibly need so many pairs of black shoes. But I do. (can I hear an amen?) But my love for black doesn't stop with my clothes nor my shoes. I like decorating with black and have even contemplated painting our half bath a nice shade of, you guessed it, black.

Well, in case you were wondering what this black obsession says about me, thanks to something I saw on Lana's site, here you go:



What Your Favorite Color Black Says About You:



Timeless --- Stylish --- Sophisticated

Overpowering --- Intimidating --- Dominant

Perfectionist --- Controlling --- Competent

5 comments:

  1. I'm like that with blue. I always swear every time I buy something new to wear that I won't buy something navy blue, but I always do. I can't really wear black well, but dark navy is my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My favorite color is red. No surprise there! The lil' quiz says I'm:

    Ambitious, Energetic, Passionate, Spontaneous, Attractive, Inspiring
    Seductive, Powerful, Addicting

    HA! Well, maybe... ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love black, too. So amen sister! I'll wear black to funerals, black to weddings, black to the store. You get the picture...

    ReplyDelete
  4. What size shoe do you wear? I'll trade with you. I love both black and red--primary colors in my wardrobe for certain. Fun quiz.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Black is a staple in my wardrobe. Pant Suits for work!

    Love it! That quiz is just the best. Glad you could enjoy it!

    ReplyDelete