Friday, July 20, 2007

More trivia and all things random

Whether you find this disappointing or not, I have little to offer as far as some deep, well thought blog post. I did however see this fun meme at Amanda's site awhile back and saved it to pull out on a slow day. Well, today's as slow a day as any, and as I enjoyed reading her answers, I thought I'd play along too.

Five Things I Was Doing Ten Years Ago
1. Being a mom to a three year old.
2. And a 18 month old.
3. And pregnant.
4. Dreading turning 29.
5. Praying for a potty training miracle.

As I was typing my answers to the above, I was listing things like skipping my 8:00 French class and going to DQ on a blizzard run with my roommates at midnight, but then I realized that wasn't TEN years ago, but more like TWENTY! When did I get so old?

Five Snacks I Enjoy
1. Chips and salsa.
2. Popcorn.
3. Chocolate chip cookies fresh out of the oven.
4. Mayonnaise on saltine crackers--I know, it sounds gross, but it is yummy! Really!
5. Dark chocolate.

Five Songs I Know All the Lyrics To
*which means I can only sing along...I cannot sing any song on my own!*
1. Indescribable by Chris Tomlin
2. Open Skies by David Crowder Band
3. King of Glory by Third Day
4. How Great is Our God by Chris Tomlin
5. Wholly Yours by David Crowder Band

Five Things I Would Do If I Were A Millionaire
1. Random acts of kindness
2. Go on mission trips
3. Send others on mission trips
4. Do something extraordinarily extravagant for our missionary friends who do without many luxuries, like air conditioning in Puerto Rico for instance.
5. Buy a small convertible once all my kids are out of the house. Of course, I guess I should've said something about the kids' college instead. Oops. Good thing we're just talking hypothetically...

Five Bad Habits
1. I'm a terrible housekeeper.
2. I procrastinate.
3. I yell. Just at my kids.
4. I drink too much coffee.
5. When I'm nervous I talk too much, too fast.

Five Things I Like To Do
1. Read.
2. Write.
3. Drink coffee.
4. Sit on my back porch, especially if I am also doing #1, 2 or 3.
5. Teach Bible study.

Five Things I Would Never Wear Again:
1. Legwarmers.
2. Stirrup pants.
3. Purple eyeshadow.
4. Purple eyeliner.
5. Permed hair.

Five Favorite Toys
Growing up:
1. Barbies
2. Chalkboard wall in the playroom
Now:
3. My iPod
4. DVR
5. Bible Navigator software

And to complete the post of all things random and trivial, we now need a quiz! I saw this at Leslie's and as I've stipulated before, we bloggers cannot resist a quiz especially if it comes with some kind of post-worthy graphic!



You Are a Plain Ole Cup of Joe



But don't think plain - instead think, uncomplicated

You're a low maintenance kind of girl... who can hang with the guys

Down to earth, easy going, and fun! Yup, that's you: the friend everyone invites.

And your dependable too. Both for a laugh and a sympathetic ear.



Plain? Old? I think maybe I'm offended! No wait...fun? Easygoing? Now I'm thinking maybe the test is wrong...

And, finally, for those of you still hanging in there for all this mundanity (Joy's term, I love it)...I saw this at Susanne's and Lana's and a few other places. Just for the record, I do not like dogs, nor am I all that daring:



You Are 50% Left Brained, 50% Right Brained



The left side of your brain controls verbal ability, attention to detail, and reasoning.

Left brained people are good at communication and persuading others.

If you're left brained, you are likely good at math and logic.

Your left brain prefers dogs, reading, and quiet.

1 comment:

  1. This was fun to read. I did the brain quiz and came out 80% left and 20% right.

    ReplyDelete