Friday, July 27, 2007

My Heart

I paint a picture, I think it's easier to live that way
But my heart is really broken
I'm not the man you think I am
when you see me each day
Torn apart and then left open

Father come and fill me up
I can't wait for you to overflow my cup

My heart
makes me wonder how much longer
'Til you're coming back to take me away
My heart longs for you to fly right through the sky
And take me to the place where I
Will never feel my heart break down again

I search the sky and then I try imagining you there
Looking on anticipating
You're standing by and
knowing I will join you in the air
Until then I'll be here waiting

Father come and fill me up
I can't wait for you to overflow my cup

My heart
makes me wonder how much longer
'Til you're coming back to take me away
My heart longs for you to fly right through the sky
And take me to the place where I
Will never feel my heart break down again
Lyrics by Brad Avery/Music by Third Day

3 comments:

  1. And take me to the place where I
    Will never feel my heart break down again

    Amen!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard this song -- thank you for sharing. It's lovely.

    My favorite right now is "I Can Only Imagine" by Mercy Me. I have to either pull over or turn it off if it comes on the radio while I'm driving -- or else become a traffic hazard!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello, friend! I've awarded you the Blogger Reflection Award.

    Good song, too. And I continue to pray for you.

    ReplyDelete