Monday, July 02, 2007

Reflecting on the reflections

I want to give you, my faithful readers, all three of you, a heads up: I will be taking a another short hiatus, most likely until next Monday. I have much here in "real life" that needs doing, and I cannot do that and post and comment as well.

This morning I was reflecting on the fact that July is now upon us--and how can that be? We are at the halfway point of the year. I thought of my New Year's reflections and goals and how noble and full of anticipation I was then, and how discouraged I often feel now. I've been surprised and caught off guard at some of the challenges I've encountered.

My desire is the same: to be about one thing, Jesus Christ. His glory. His Presence. One thing I ask of the Lord: You. This morning I find my pure and holy passion dampened somewhat--not a funk so much, thankfully, but a realization that it is hard to stay on the narrow path and it is very easy to drift. So today I ask for...
Direction--to know the path He would have me take.
Discipline--to choose with wisdom.
Determination--to follow no matter the cost or the difficulty.
Diligence--to work hard, with enthusiasm and joy, knowing it is the Lord Jesus Christ I serve.
I was encouraged by my devotional from Daily Light. May you be encouraged as well by the Truth of God's Word...
[Jesus] prayed the third time, saying the same words.
Who, in the days of His flesh,...offered up prayers and supplications, with vehement cries and tears to Him who was able to save Him from death.

Let us know, let us pursue the knowledge of the Lord. ~ [Continue] steadfastly in prayer. ~ Praying always with all prayer and supplication in the Spirit, being watchful to this end with all perseverance and supplication. ~ By prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.

Nevertheless, not as I will, but as You will. ~ This is the confidence that we have in Him, that if we ask anything according to His will, He hears us.

Delight yourself...in the Lord, and He shall give the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the Lord, trust also in Him, and He shall bring it to pass.
Matt. 26:44; Heb. 5:7; Hos. 6:3; Rom. 12:12; Eph. 6:18; Phil. 4:6-7; Matt. 26:39; 1 John 5:14; Ps. 37:4-5
~ Daily Light

9 comments:

  1. Enjoy your break, and be refreshed!

    I'm taking one, also. Leaving the computer as soon as I finish this comment, in fact, so I can go be about the business of real life as well.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love Daily Light - May you find delight in the Lord during your break!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, just to make that four readers, I thought I would comment. :) I'm a very new but regular visitor here. Blessings on your break!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm number 5 :-). I totally understand having to take care of the task of "everyday." I will be praying for you and I thank you for all that you've shared with us. I have been truly blessed. See you when you return. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for a great word of encouragement today. Enjoy your break. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Enjoy your break. May you be refreshed by His Spirit!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for a great word of encouragement today. Enjoy your break. Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm number 5 :-). I totally understand having to take care of the task of "everyday." I will be praying for you and I thank you for all that you've shared with us. I have been truly blessed. See you when you return. Blessings to you.

    ReplyDelete