Saturday, August 04, 2007

...but You brought us out

He sent from above, He took me;
He drew me out of many waters.

He also brought me up out of a horrible pit, out of the miry clay, and set my feet upon a rock, and established my steps. ~ You He made alive, who were dead in trespasses and sins, in which you once walked according to the course of this world. We all once conducted ourselves in the lusts of our flesh.

Hear my cry, O God; attend to my prayer. From the end of the earth I will cry to You, when my heart is overwhelmed. ~ Out of the belly of Sheol I cried, and You heard my voice. For You cast me into the deep, into the heart of the seas, and the floods surrounded me; all Your billows and Your waves passed over me. ~ We went through fire and through water; but You brought us out to rich fulfillment.

When you pass through the waters, I will be with you; and through the rivers, they shall not overflow you.

Ps. 18:16; Ps. 40:2; Eph. 2:1-3; Ps. 61:1-2; Jon. 2:2-3; Ps. 66:2; Isa. 43:2

~Daily Light, August 4

4 comments:

  1. I am stand in awe that He did this for me...I LOVE these verses.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Lisa! I did a study not too long ago on "the deep" as mentioned in Genesis 1. You know those deep, dark, formless and void areas of our lives?
    Yep, I have some of those.
    Anyhow, if you want to read what I wrote about it is on my 'favorite posts' links on my blog. You have to scroll all the way down to the bottom of my blog page to see it. :-)

    ReplyDelete