Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Fall Into Reading 2007


It's here! Fall Into Reading 2007 courtesy of Katrina of Callapidder Days! The guidelines are pretty simple, really. Each participant makes a list of books they would like to read in the course of the reading challenge, September through December, and links their list over on Katrina's site. Although I haven't yet been able to cruise through all the lists, I really like seeing what everyone else plans on reading and often find a new book or author to check out myself the next go 'round. At the end of the challenge, each participant is asked to post a synopsis of sorts, and Katrina will draw for an amazon gift certificate! If that weren't enough, there will also be weekly giveaways of free books, for reading challenge participants and non participants alike! Yes, it's fun! Check out Callapidder Days for all the details.

Okay, so here's my list. As before, I must issue a disclaimer of sorts: this is merely a list of goals I have set for myself, not requirements, an important distinction. The books I end up reading may depend on availability at the library or placing an order at amazon (a girl's gotta do what a girl's gotta do...), but most on my list are currently in my possession awaiting retrieval from the "To Be Read" pile.

NONFICTION

When I Don't Desire God: How to Fight for Joy by John Piper (currently reading)

Our Covenant God by Kay Arthur (currently reading--want to read along?)

Mayflower by Nathaniel Philbrick

What Jesus Demands of the World by John Piper

On Writing Well by William Zinsser

FICTION

In Search of Eden by Linda Nichols

Chasing Fireflies by Charles Martin

Northanger Abbey by Jane Austen

Mayor of Casterbridge by Thomas Hardy

Bleak House by Charles Dickens

14 comments:

  1. Those look very good. The one by John Piper really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your list looks great. Happy fall reading to you!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good list. I may have to develop my list and join in this time, if I have time to sit long enough to come up with a list, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a lot of fun! I am still wading thru Tolstoy right now. Kudos to you for tackling Hardy, Austen AND Dickens together!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have Kay Arthur's book, I may have to jump in with the read along.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I agree - your list looks great! I really enjoy John Piper, and I think I'll be informally tagging along for the Kay Arthur read-along that Jules is hosting, even though I didn't put it on my list. Thanks for being part of the challenge, Lisa -- enjoy your fall reading!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I like me some Kay Arthur and John Piper! They both have a way of making you dig deeper.

    Happy reading my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I agree - your list looks great! I really enjoy John Piper, and I think I'll be informally tagging along for the Kay Arthur read-along that Jules is hosting, even though I didn't put it on my list. Thanks for being part of the challenge, Lisa -- enjoy your fall reading!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I like me some Kay Arthur and John Piper! They both have a way of making you dig deeper.

    Happy reading my friend!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I have Kay Arthur's book, I may have to jump in with the read along.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like a lot of fun! I am still wading thru Tolstoy right now. Kudos to you for tackling Hardy, Austen AND Dickens together!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good list. I may have to develop my list and join in this time, if I have time to sit long enough to come up with a list, that is.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Those look very good. The one by John Piper really caught my eye.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your list looks great. Happy fall reading to you!!

    ReplyDelete