Friday, September 14, 2007

Let him who thirsts come

If anyone thirsts, let him come to Me and drink.

My longs, yes, even faints for the courts of the Lord; my heart and my flesh cry out for the living God. ~ O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land where there is no water. So I have looked for You in the sanctuary, to see Your power and Your glory.

Everyone who thirsts, come to the waters; and you who have no money, come, buy wine and milk without money and without price. ~ The Spirit and the bride say "Come!" And let him who hears say, "Come!" And let him who thirsts come. And whoever desires, let him take the water of life freely. ~ Whoever drinks of the water I shall give him will never thirst. But the water that I shall give him will become in him a fountain of water springing up into everlasting life. ~ My blood is drink indeed.

Eat, O friends! Drink, yes, drink deeply, O beloved ones!

John 7:37; Ps. 84:2; Ps. 63:1-2; Isa. 55:1; Rev. 22:17; John 4:14; John 6:55; Song of Sol. 5:1

~Daily Light, 9/13

5 comments:

  1. What a refreshing post! Thank you for sharing from your heart.
    -Terri

    ReplyDelete
  2. Beautiful, Lisa! His Word is a feast!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, wonderful! What a glorious Savior!

    ReplyDelete
  4. That has actually been my prayer this week, that God ignites the fire within me to desire the feast of his Word. Thank you for the reminder.

    ReplyDelete