Tuesday, September 25, 2007

Monday

Out on the porch, with breakfast and Daily Light...O God, speak to me...let me hear Your voice as I study...open Your Word and delight me with wonderful things in Your law...I repent...fill me with Your Spirit...grant me clarity and energy...teach me...

Study. Prepare. Pray. Read. Take notes. Pray. Type. Revise. Print. Paper jam. Fuss. Print. Paper jam. Fuss. Call husband. Print.

Phone call. Have you heard? Can you pray? Yes, I will, right now...

Mad dash to get the kids. Reality crashes in. Final notes. Print again. Mad dash to pick up son from math team practice. Fix gatorade bottles. Did you do your homework? Run son to basketball practice. Back home again. Supper? How about cereal? Jersey? Let me go throw it in the dryer real quick. Please, God, let it dry quick. Find cleats and shin guards. Have fun and play hard...

A moment's peace. A quick supper of leftovers. Throw a load of laundry in the dryer. Put on some makeup. And what's the point? Fold a load of laundry.

Mad dash to pick up son from basketball. Wait, did I forget my Bible? Mad dash inside to grab Bible and notes. Wait in parking lot. Wait some more. Please, God, let them come out soon...I'm late, late, late...Retrieve son from basketball court, deposit same son at soccer field. Tear into church parking lot. O God, I can't do this. Who am I? How dare I presume to teach these ladies anything? Don't You need to call a real teacher? I need You, Lord...I need You desperately...I can't do this...but You can...Lord, may my teaching fall like rain, may You have Your way among us...what You have for us may we receive in fullness...please God, come to us...

Home again, home again, my heart full, my spirit overflowing, my God showing Himself faithful once again.

7 comments:

  1. I loved this post, Lisa. God is faithful! He just needs the willing heart.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know exactly how you feel. I teach adult Sunday School, and never feel like I measure up. I'm thankful that He doesn't call the qualified...He qualifies the called.

    Blessings to you for your obedience to His calling, even when we don't feel good enough!

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was written so beautiful Lisa, real life, real thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  4. This was written so beautiful Lisa, real life, real thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know exactly how you feel. I teach adult Sunday School, and never feel like I measure up. I'm thankful that He doesn't call the qualified...He qualifies the called.

    Blessings to you for your obedience to His calling, even when we don't feel good enough!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beautiful! God is so good.

    ReplyDelete