Thursday, September 13, 2007

Reading ahead!

Okay, I've sort of fallen off the reading wagon. Like, I can't remember the last book I finished, except for Harry Potter. Twice. So I've needed a little inspiration / motivation and thanks to two of my blog buddies, I think maybe I've found it.


Jules of Everyday Mommy is hosting a Read Along, reading Our Covenant God by Kay Arthur, a book incidentally which is already in my library, yet still in the not-yet-read category. The read-along fun starts up September 26, with the goal of reading two chapters a week and popping over to Jules' site for some informal discussion. If you want to read along in the read along, head over to Everyday Mommy and get the details.


After the fun of Spring Reading Thing, Katrina of Callapidder Days is back with the Fall Into Reading Challenge 2007. Participants make a list of books they plan to read this fall, September through December and post their list beginning September 23. Katrina will have a Mr. Linky (whoever he is) so you can check out everyone else's lists (which I happen to think is great fun as I'm always curious about what others are reading.) Katrina will also have weekly giveaways--how fun is that? Head on over to her site and get all the details...

3 comments:

  1. I love Katrina's reading challenges. And this new read along from Jule's sounds so good.

    ReplyDelete
  2. These sound like so much fun. I may have to join in.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am tempted to join in on the read along, except that I am in the middle of two bible studies right now. But it is tempting....I will have to think about it.

    by the way...I have wanted to tell you that we are doing the "Seeking Him" study at church as an adult class on Wed. nights. There are about 70 people in the class. We are in our third week and the people are really enjoying it. I have read many of Nancy's books, but had never heard of this study until I read about here. Thought you might like to know.

    ReplyDelete