Wednesday, September 12, 2007

Recipe Roundup: Soups and Stews

And yes, I do in fact have a recipe to share! Y'all know I cook, just not very well, but I can do a couple of soups with some degree of success. This is one of my husband's favorites.

SANTA FE SOUP

2 lbs. ground beef, browned, drained of fat
2 pkgs. powdered ranch dressing mix
2 pkgs. taco seasoning mix
1 can chicken broth
2 cans white whole kernel corn
1 can kidney beans
1 can pinto beans
1 can black beans

Dump all ingredients in a crock pot. Cook on low for several hours. Serve with shredded cheese, sour cream and tostito chips.

For more Soup and Stew recipes visit Leslie's site for the Recipe Roundup!

10 comments:

  1. Delicious. Boy am I ready to eat!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This recipe is quite like one I make, and my sons love it. Cooking it in a crockpot is a great idea. Thanks, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this season! This soup sounds like I'll have to serve it with some quesadillas! Yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh I make a soup very like this. We have a pot in the fridge actually.

    On a tangent-I thought of you today Lisa. I started a Bible Study at my church last Wednesday. It's CBS or Community Bible Study. And I was wondering if that was the study you lead. We are studying Revelation this year. An intimidating book for me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yummy! Perfect for a cooler fall day. I'll be making this one.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Sounds so good! Love "dump in the crock pot soups"

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes! Fall and soup season! Made this soup last night and it is a keeper. Dump as directed, or if so inclined (ie, just have to exert yourself), chop and add some onions, carrots, etc. Thanks, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  8. One of our very favorites is the Santa Fe soup ;) We always add a can of rotel to it ... but we probably do that a lot!

    I love soup recipes and I will definitely try the other two! Thanks :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Lisa, I tried this recipe this week and it was yum! I'm also linking it to Friday's Fave Five because it's definitely one of the faves of my week!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lisa, I tried this recipe this week and it was yum! I'm also linking it to Friday's Fave Five because it's definitely one of the faves of my week!

    ReplyDelete