Friday, September 28, 2007

A Year

Did you realize I accidentally let an important milestone slip by? No, of course you didn't, what with the milestone being my one year blog-o-versary (officially September 22 if you're THAT interested), and I had like only two readers way back then: me and my husband. Yep, one year down the blogging road, and gathering maybe a couple more readers along the way to boot.

In commemoration of my year o'blogging, I thought I would indulge myself (it is my blog, after all) and share some of my personal favorites from the pile of zero-comment posts...

To My Man

A Circle of Friends

Hail the Conquering Heroes!

Moved and moving

Here's to another year of blogging--perhaps? Who really knows? I do know this: I am thankful for those of you who choose to spend a small portion of your time here reading these simple reflections. I enjoy our conversation and community. I pray you are encouraged and Christ is exalted in these words, as in all things...

14 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    When I read this passage this morning, the Lord immediately brought you to mind. I pray it will offer you some encouragement during this time of struggle:

    Let the peace of Christ rule in your hearts, since as members of one body you were called to peace. And be thankful. Let the word of Christ dwell in you richly as you teach and admonish one another with all wisdom, and as you sing psalms, hymns and spiritual songs with gratitude in your hearts to God. And whatever you do, whether in word or deed, do it all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through him. --Colossians 3:15-17

    ReplyDelete
  2. lisa,
    i just recently found your blog and have been enjoying reading your entries. thanks for sharing your life and what the Lord is doing in you! it is an encouragement and sometimes convicting,

    check out my blog at www.seedstories.blogspot.com

    gail

    ReplyDelete
  3. Congratulations Lisa!

    You can count me as one of your readers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Happy Bloggiversary, Lisa! I thoroughly enjoyed your year and will have to check out those posts!

    To help celebrate, I tagged you today at my site. ;v)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Happy bloggiversary!

    Definitely a Lisa Writes fan here!

    Blessings on your upcoming "new year"

    ReplyDelete
  6. I for one am encouraged each time I visit. Even through your trials I find encouragement because you always reach first to Christ.

    I enjoyed reading your old posts. It seems you are quite blessed. Happy Bloggiversary.

    ReplyDelete
  7. A very happy anniversary to you. Blessings on your new year being salt and light to the blogisfere...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love your blog. I hope to read and visit a lot more ...happy 'bloggiversary'!

    ReplyDelete
  9. One year later, and we're all the better for having eavesdropped a little on your thoughts over the year. I hope there are at least another 40 years ahead reading Lisa Writes. (If Jesus doesn't come by then, obviously!) You go, girl. I'm still a-readin'.
    Love
    Char

    ReplyDelete
  10. HAPPY BLOG-O-VERSARY!!! What a milestone! Keep writing and inspiring, friend.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Happy Anniversary! Even though I don't take the time to comment often I really enjoy your blog and am so glad you started one.

    I read the old posts. They were great!

    Have a great weekend,
    Julie

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a happy day....I am inspired each time I visit your blog - which is almost every single day....I don't know how I missed these four - I am sorry that I missed them - I certainly enjoyed them today!!!!

    Love you...
    MdA

    *I knew that you wouldn't let me down last night...what a wonderful song....

    ReplyDelete
  13. Happy bloggiversary! I am glad you're blogging.

    ReplyDelete