Tuesday, October 02, 2007

In which I am E-challenged

Elle tagged me with this meme like forever ago, and now Susanne has exhibited the same curiosity about my middle name. Here's how the game goes: Participants list one relevant fact about themselves for each letter of their middle name and then tag others to do the same.

So, my middle name is "Renee." Perhaps you can already see how this meme is somewhat of a challenging one. Three E's? I can't even think of one! Exuberant? Not so much. Excitable? Nope, pretty laid back. Energetic? Not really. Eager? More like procrastination is my middle name. Well, actually, not. That'd be Renee...So here goes...

R-Reading
Except lately, not so much. I actually can't remember the last book I read and finished! Except for Harry Potter. Shocking, I know, but here's hoping the Fall Reading Challenge will offer incentive!

E-Eat
I like to eat. Especially Mexican food. And Chinese food. Oh yeah and chocolate.

N-Nerd
Enough said. I considered pulling out the dictionary to look up "E" words, that's how nerdy I am. But I didn't, so maybe I'm not quite so very nerdy (I said maybe).

E-Exhausted
One husband, four boys, one word: Laundry. Enough said.

E-Eternally secure
Yeah, I'm getting all spiritual. But I am. Secure for eternity, only by the grace and mercy of my Savior. No one is able to pluck me from His hand.

To tag...I tend to not tag because either everyone has already done the meme by the time it gets around to me or I have the hardest time choosing because I don't want to leave anyone out. This time around, I think I'll tag only one: Lisa at A Preacher's Wife, mainly because if her middle name is also Renee, well, that'd just be too weird for words.

And hey, if any of you wordsmiths out there come up with an E-word for "really stinks at housekeeping but hopes that teaching Bible study somehow makes up for it" you can let me know!

14 comments:

  1. I'll bite!! I'll work on this tonight and post our cute little picture when I get done! :))

    And btw - It's Michelle...get ready for a novella...

    It was so great having lunch with you today, sis! :))

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  2. Um "Eschatology Expert?" Do I get double points because of the two E's? Thanks for stopping by 2nd Cup and for your kinds words about my daughters. Of course, every mom thinks her own girls are beautiful! I see that you have four boys ... oh my! I have an 18 year old boy. Fun stuff, they are.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Teaching a Bible study def. makes up for it! Renee is a pretty name! I also think, as to the nerd reference, most of us who blog have to be at least a bit nerdy in some way - that would be a good poll. You are in good company! =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my...I considered tagging myseld but I don't have a middle name. :-D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Lisa,

    We love the middle name Renee, that is the middle name we gave our second daughter Rylee. How cool that she shares it with such a special person. Of course for her I could use the e's: excitable, energetic (endlessly) and exuberant (or any other e's you can think of that would cause me to be exhausted). I thoroughly enjoy your blog! Keep posting.

    ReplyDelete
  6. an E-word for "really stinks at housekeeping but hopes that teaching Bible study somehow makes up for it"

    How about eclectic?

    ReplyDelete
  7. This was a cute post. Love your writing style. And I would have tons of trouble coming up with three E's too!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Kim,
    Maybe "eccentric"? While it may be true, it just doesn't seem like something one wants to admit...
    :-)
    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  9. Okay, i've just finished and posted your tag and I'm laughing my head off over your last 'eccentric' comment. Guess what was one of my "e's"? .... LOL

    Have a good one, girlfriend!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ha! you did great with your 3 e's!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I think you did a great job! And just to let you know one more reason I think you are definitely a kindred spirit, I DID have to look in a dictionary for help with mine when I did it. So, am I a double nerd?

    ReplyDelete
  12. I think the "e" for "really stinks at housekeeping but hopes teaching bible study makes up for it" is "emulating Mary". Jesus wasn't too concerned about housework was He?

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well, I think you did very well with all the "e's". And you're "n" just made me laugh out loud. You have a beautiful name.

    ReplyDelete
  14. I'll bite!! I'll work on this tonight and post our cute little picture when I get done! :))

    And btw - It's Michelle...get ready for a novella...

    It was so great having lunch with you today, sis! :))

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete