Tuesday, October 23, 2007

With such things as you have

One's life does not consist in the abundance of the things he possesses.
A little that a righteous man has is better than the riches of many wicked. ~ Better is a little with the fear of the Lord, than great treasure with trouble. ~ Godliness with contentment is great gain. Having food and clothing, with these we shall be content.

Give me neither poverty nor riches--feed me with the food allotted to me; lest I be full and deny You, and say, "Who is the Lord?" Or lest I be poor and steal, and profane the name of my God. ~ Give us this day our daily bread.

Do not worry about your life, what you will eat or what you will drink; nor about your body, what you will put on. Is not life more than food and the body more than clothing? ~ "When I sent you without money bag, knapsack, and sandals, did you lack anything?" So they said, "Nothing." ~ Let your conduct be without covetousness; be content with such things as you have. For He Himself has said, "I will never leave you nor forsake you."

Luke 12:15; Ps. 37:16; 1 Tim. 6:6,8; Prov. 30:8-9; Matt. 6:11; Matt. 6:25; Luke 22:35; Heb. 13:5

~Daily Light, 10/23

5 comments:

  1. Lisa,

    It's amazing how the Lord is laying the same things on our hearts. First, the prayer post yesterday. And just this morning, I wrestled during my prayer time & came to terms with how much I have yet am not satisfied. I plan on posting about it later in the week.

    Good thoughts. Thanks for sharing, again!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Lisa,

    You don't know me but I have been reading your blog for awhile...I usually read Daily Light every morning but this morning used a different one...however I made a post this morning about contentment and I Timothy 6:6 was the centerpiece...check it out if you like http://helenw13.wordpress.com.

    Thanks for your faithfulness to write,

    Helen

    ReplyDelete
  3. This was a great reminder, Lisa!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Lisa, I found your blog through another and I really enjoyed reading through it. These verses are a beautiful reminder!

    ReplyDelete