Friday, November 09, 2007

Makin' Paula proud

I'm feeling very Paula Deen today. We are headed out to the mountains for the weekend so I have spent the morning not only washing clothes and making out a "Do Not Forget!" list, but also baking up some goodies to take along: Strawberry Bread and Chocolate Chip cookies to be exact. While I am certainly capable of baking (and making really good chocolate chip cookies if I do say so myself), I bake only rarely. Not too long ago my youngest son asked me if I knew how to make cookies. He had no prior experience, bless his heart. Well, today I have proven myself. And to share the blessing, here's the recipe for the Strawberry Bread.

Strawberry Bread

3 cups flour
2 cups sugar
1 tsp. salt
1 tsp. baking soda
1 Tablespoon cinnamon
3 large eggs, beaten
1 cup oil
1 1/4 cups chopped pecans (optional)
2 (10 oz.) packages frozen strawberries in syrup, thawed

Mix all ingredients and pour into 2 greased and floured loaf pans. Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour or until tests done. Let cool several minutes before removing pan. Serve with cream cheese.

Enjoy, y'all.

11 comments:

  1. Yummy! I'm definitely trying this!

    ReplyDelete
  2. HI - Have a great time - the morning that you brought your bread to church - your firstborn told me just how good your bread was....a personal testimony...how sweet....

    Thanks for sharing....

    MdA

    ReplyDelete
  3. Where's this cabin? Is it too late to get there for snack time?
    Have a wonderful weekend...

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds great. I'll have to try. Hope you have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Everyone should get in touch with their inner Paula from time to time.

    ReplyDelete
  6. That sounds delicious -- we're definitely going to have to try that.

    ReplyDelete
  7. That sounds delicous!! Definitely trying this one for Thanksgiving. :)

    much love!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  8. That sounds delicous!! Definitely trying this one for Thanksgiving. :)

    much love!

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete