Wednesday, November 28, 2007

Tuesday Randomness

**UPDATED**
I just realized that I titled this post "Tuesday Randomness" and today is WEDNESDAY! All day long! Told you my life, not to mention my BRAIN is a totally random mess of mish mash!

I'm thinking this is going to be another mish mash kind of post, mainly due to the fact that I sit here at my computer at the dining room table and can think of nothing to write, other than (obviously) these words you are currently reading. That's not to say there are no thoughts rambling around in my head seeking the clarification and contemplation blogging brings; rather, that once I sit down, the very expression of those random ruminations seems, well, elusive.

It's like yesterday when I got ready to head out the door to run some errands. I gathered up all the necessary items to complete the day's business: packages to take to the post office, receipts and the corresponding items needing to be returned, a list of items to be purchased. I had everything together, that is, but my keys. Like the point of today's post, they were lost, nowhere to be found. Took me ten minutes to find them hidden under the newspaper on the counter. (what? you don't read the newspaper standing at the counter eating your pop tart?)

Today I am thinking about home and how very grateful I am for it. Not the house itself necessarily, the sheetrock and foundation and such, but that I have a house that is a home, a place of refuge, a place of memories, a place of family. Yes, it's messy and disorganized and pretty much stays that way, but it's home and it reminds me that I have a Home eternal in the heavens, a place of refuge, a place of glory indescribable and joy unending, in the Presence of the Lord God Almighty and the Lamb.

Today I am also thinking of friends, those kindred spirits that God brings into our lives, often only for a time. Every year as I prepare to send out Christmas cards to the many, many people that we have counted as our dear friends over the years, I cannot help but be grateful for each one who has touched our lives and influenced us for the good, iron sharpening iron. It's hard to make and keep friends, true friends, in our hurry up, busy culture. Yet how much we need each other. Indulging in a sense of loneliness is a great temptation for me, a tool the enemy uses against me to great effectiveness, convincing me I am different, strange, alone. Different and strange, perhaps, but not alone. I am so thankful for friends here in the blog world, and friends here in the real world. You encourage and support me in my journey.

I've also realized that when I sit down and think I have nothing to say, I tend to write very long sentences. Perhaps you noticed the same.

And finally, many times here on this blog I've quoted Lamentations 3:25 (amplified):

The Lord is good to those who wait hopefully and expectantly for Him

And here's my testimony: He is.

7 comments:

  1. Well, I, for one, am enjoying your mish mash posts. I live in random. We welcome you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Well, I can totally relate to this post; thankful for home, thankful for friends, feeling strange and alone.

    I'm with Leslie; I like mish mash.

    ReplyDelete
  3. My middle name is Random. :-)
    Amen to your last two sentences!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yep, me too. Thankful for my home, and my friends and for that verse that touched me today.

    And that my home in heaven will be self-cleaning.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Smiling! :) As I am thinking of my messy home that we laugh and love in, my God given friends, and the love of my Father, that I can trust Him and His grace! Always a wonderful reminder! Smiling again! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. He is indeed!

    Lana G!
    http://airmiles.wordpress.com/

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, I also read the newspaper in the morning while standing at the counter eating a pop tart. I am so glad their is someone else out their doing this. Thanks for making my day.

    julie

    ReplyDelete