Thursday, November 01, 2007

A Wave Offering

A few years ago, my youngest son and I had dropped all the brothers off at school and were headed home. As the praise music was blaring, my worship evidently overflowing, my son asked me, "Mama, who are you waving at?"

"God, baby. Mama is waving to God."

One hand on the steering wheel, one hand lifted in praise to the only One worthy, yes indeed I was waving to God.

Yesterday "Sing to the King" from The Best of Passion (so far) came up on my iPod and yet again I presented my wave offering to God all the while driving home from the elementary school. Lifting up a heart of praise! We belong to Jesus! He is all we need! My Jesus is King and He is coming to reign!

Sing to the King Who is coming to reign
Glory to Jesus, the Lamb that was slain
Life and salvation His empire shall bring
And joy to the nations when Jesus is King
Come, let us sing a song
A song declaring that we belong to Jesus
He is all we need
Lift up a heart of praise
Sing now with voices raised to Jesus
Sing to the King
For His returning we watch and we pray
We will be ready the dawn of that day
We'll join in singing with all the redeemed
'Cause Satan is vanquished and my Jesus is King
Come, let us sing a song
A song declaring that we belong to Jesus
He is all we need
Lift up a heart of praise
Sing now with voices raised to Jesus
Sing to the King!

13 comments:

  1. Good Morning!!!!!

    Lisa, I do that waving/praising thing in the car - I do try to keep one hand on the steering wheel...but that other hand can wave and praise!!!!!! I love it...

    MdA

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love this song and the words...and just think of all the people that think we are waving at them. If they only knew. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) I wave to my King on the road, too! Blessings...

    ReplyDelete
  4. I do that, too. My girl once told me from the back seat that I was blocking her view when I raised my hands...so I try to be more considerate after that reproach! Hard to control myself sometimes, though.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm a waver, too...around the house I dance, sway, kneel or wave, but driving pretty much restricts me to waving my praises!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yup, waver, hand lifter here too! Sometimes I giggle to think what other drivers are thinking as we go by. :v)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Amen!!! it is always great to just listen to some wprship music and think of how amazing God is and how we can't even fathom all God is.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Sometimes it is so hard not to put both arms way out w/ eyes closed b/c of how in love w/ my Savior I am!
    I love that you got to share that with your son! What an awesome witness for him to see the freedom and relationship you have with Jesus! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. and how wonderful is it we are no longer under the law that requires us to have a large chunk of raw meat in our hands as we wave? :))

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has Jesus fits in the car..:)

    much love,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  10. I love this song and I love your answer to him! =)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Amen!!! it is always great to just listen to some wprship music and think of how amazing God is and how we can't even fathom all God is.

    ReplyDelete
  12. and how wonderful is it we are no longer under the law that requires us to have a large chunk of raw meat in our hands as we wave? :))

    I'm glad I'm not the only one who has Jesus fits in the car..:)

    much love,

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete