Sunday, December 30, 2007

The 2007 Lisa writes... highlight reel

A sampling (and links!) of the first post of each month of the last year...

January
I don't want 2007 to be about the pursuit of discipline or direction or even ministry. I want 2007 to be about Jesus and me following hard after Him...

February
Today I see how quickly time passes and those stages of life you thought would last forever really slip by like sand between your fingers...

March
...as I look back on the past one hundred clicks of the "publish" button, I can only marvel. What a ride!

April
Forget about being introduced to yourself. Choose instead the life hidden with Christ. His is the only greatness worth discovering...

May
I was praying for God to take away my weakness; Paul boasts in his. Why? So he could know the power of Christ. This challenges me to be grateful for those things in my life, those circumstances, those weaknesses, that keep me desperate for His grace and His power...

June
We just returned yesterday from yet another trip out of town, and as I was sitting on my porch this morning, grateful for home, I thought of the fact that my joy in coming home is nothing in comparison to the joy that awaits in the coming Home to my true Home...

July
There are times--like now, this season of my life--where insecurity looms so large I feel it will overwhelm and consume me...

August
Isn't that what the things of this world ultimately come to: a dumpster in the backyard?

September
I've officially entered my last 365 days as a thirtysomething. That is, unless Jesus returns (even so...).

October
It was All Request Hour in church last night. Well, not exactly an hour, but we were able to request our favorite hymns. It was a lot of fun singing many of the old hymns of my growing up years...

November
As the praise music was blaring, my worship evidently overflowing, my son asked me, "Mama, who are you waving at?" "God, baby. Mama is waving to God."

December
As many of you know, I live in Alabama, where our allegiance to God, country and football is legendary, and not necessarily in that order...

6 comments:

  1. What a cool idea!

    It's been quite a year hasn't it?
    God is so good, He has much in store for 2008.

    About your dilemma...
    I know the Lord will show you just what to do...follow peace.
    I will say though that I don't believe you will ever regret being there for your kids first.
    Now that my kids are older, I regret many of the ministry things that put them on the back burner (not that that is what you are doing-but it's what I did).

    Your relationship with the Lord is not equal to ministry. ie. You can have God first, family second and ministry after that...make sense??

    I pray that you will clearly hear His voice on this, I know how hard it can be.
    Hugs,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I loved going back and reading some of your older posts. I did my own version of this. It was good to look back and reflect on where I've been. Thanks for the idea. I pray your New Year is filled with many good things. I look forward to reading more of your inspiring words and hearing your heart for God.

    Blessings,
    Chris

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Again Lisa~
    I have to share with you that my running partner told me today that your blog is one of her favorites! She loved your post about insecurities. Just thought you should hear that and be encouraged!
    As a writer myself, it always blesses my heart to see God use my writing to touch someone!
    Happy 2008.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisa,

    THANK YOU for this post. I really appreciate you. Reading your blog is something I do when I remember to put myself on my to do list. Thanks for your honesty and vulnerability.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I loved reading this Lisa. I especially love the waving at God...

    ReplyDelete
  6. Good Morning....Here's to a new year - thank you for these wonderful words and I look forward to visiting with you in 2008.....

    Love,

    MdA

    ReplyDelete