Sunday, December 09, 2007

Christmas Meme

I saw this Christmas meme over at Lux Venit and thought I'd play along. I'm not tagging anyone, but if you feel like joining in, or you just lack blog fodder (like me), by all means post a comment and let me know!

1. Wrapping paper or gift bags?
Wrapping paper.

2. Real tree or artificial?
Artificial. Last year we purchased a pre-lit tree and you guessed it, this year I put it together, plugged it in, and voila! A whole section sans lights! After much fussing (much! much!), replacing the fuses, we noticed one light bulb was broken off. My husband popped that bulb out, popped in a replacement, and voila! Lights!

3. When do you put up your tree?
Whenever the mood strikes and I have a free day.

4. When do you take the tree down?
As soon as possible.

5. Do you like eggnog?
My parents make eggnog every year, and all I have to say is: yuck.

6. Favorite gift received as a child?
The Barbie houses my dad built for me and my sister. Also the doll beds my dad made and my mom painted and made quilts and pillows and dust ruffles for.

7. Do you have a Nativity scene?
Yes, the white one I purchased our first year of marriage and another that belonged to my grandmother.

8. Hardest person to buy for?
The men: father, father-in-law, brother, brother-in-law.

9. Easiest person to buy for?
My sister and my mom.

10. Worst Christmas gift you ever received?
I can't go there, on the grounds it may incriminate me or at the very least hurt someone's feelings! Let's just say I'm grateful for the thought and love that goes into each gift I receive. :-)

11. Mail or email Christmas cards?
Mail.

12. Favorite Christmas movie?
Drawing a blank...

13. When do you start shopping for Christmas?
Not soon enough.

14. Have you ever recycled a Christmas present?
No.

15. Favorite things to eat at Christmas?
Peppermint White Chocolate Mocha from Starbucks. My strawberry/pretzel/cream cheese congealed salad that is YUMMY. Ham. I also like potato salad, but my husband will not allow me to serve such in our home.

16. Clear lights or colored on the tree?
Clear.

17. Favorite Christmas song?
O Holy Night

18. Travel at Christmas or stay home?
We always travel (all grandparents live out of town), but we always come home on Christmas Eve and spent Christmas Eve and Christmas Day here at home.

19. Can you name all of Santa's reindeer?
Yes.

20. Angel on the tree top or a star?
A star.

21. Open the presents Christmas Eve or morning?
We allow the boys to open a present on Christmas eve. See #23.

22. Most annoying thing about this time of year?
Don't get me started.

23. What is the "corniest" family tradition you do, or miss doing?
It's a tradition in our home that I buy all the boys (my husband included) new socks and underwear. It is usually this gift that is opened on Christmas eve.

24. Ugliest Christmas Decoration ever invented?
The Santa on the motorcycle blow up yard deal.

25. Which looks the best, theme trees or homey trees?
Ours is homey, no doubt about it. I have ornaments my kids have made, ornaments my mom collected for me over the years, ornaments with snapshots, a total hodge podge.

26. What does Christmas mean to you?
The Word became flesh and dwelt among us, and we beheld His glory...For it is God who commanded light to shine out of darkness, who has shone in our hearts to give the light of the knowledge of the glory of God in the face of Christ.
~John 1:14, 2 Cor. 4:6

2 comments:

  1. I did the meme and you can read it here: http://akhmmm.wordpress.com/2007/12/10/christmas-meme/

    I hope that you have a wonderful Christmas.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I also did the meme and referenced you as a source. I tried to do a trackback to let you know, but I have no idea if it worked. My meme is here: http://pragmaticcompendium.wordpress.com/2007/12/15/christmas-meme/ Thanks!

    ReplyDelete