Tuesday, January 15, 2008

Essential Reading

Go here and then here to read of Elle's passion for women to know God's Word for themselves as she shares a three question study method any woman can implement in her personal study of the Bible. Her warning that not all Bible studies are a study of the Bible is one to be heeded. As a Bible teacher myself, it is my fervent desire that we study the Bible and not the Bible study. How tempting for the workbook, or the dvd, or (God forbid) the teacher to become a crutch replacing personal knowledge of God's living, powerful Word.

3 comments:

  1. I am really excited about this new blog and even posted about it on my blog this morning. I look forward to every post :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen, I think people (including myself) sometimes get so wrapped up into a specific teacher and/or bible study, that we forget that we must always seek from the Word first.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Amen. And when our focus is on following the person instead of "rightly dividing the word of truth" it is far too easy for us to be led astray when they begin to slip questionable doctrine (whether intentinal and deliberate on their part or not).

    ReplyDelete