Friday, February 08, 2008

Words worth pondering

A recent storm here in the South cut a wide swath of death and destruction, with a death toll of 55. Brad asks the question, "What is a believer's response to such tragedy?"
So the proper question for me in the face of tragedy is not, "Why did God let this happen?" Rather, it is, "Do you trust the Lord, even now, even when the pain is great and the grief a burden?"
Read more.

**********

The Bible commands husbands to "love your wives, just as Christ loved the church and gave himself up for her" (Eph. 5:25). See an example of this sacrifical, self-giving love in Leslie's tribute to her man.

***********

Want to go a little deeper in your friendships? Want to talk about more than the kids and the house? Want to encourage fellowship and accountability with your girlfriends, to "provoke one another to pursue Christ-like character and cultivate biblical womanhood?" Consider these discussion-prompting questions from girltalk.

**********

Here's something I've been pondering, and I'd like you to ponder with me...

How would you answer Jesus' question, "What are you seeking?" What do you want? What is the deepest desire of your heart? What are you looking for?

Think on it; leave a comment if you'd like. I plan to share my thoughts sometime in the near future.

5 comments:

  1. Wow Lisa, thank you so much for the mention of my blog!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lisa,
    I'm sitting here a little stunned. You really put it to us in this one! I love it.

    Your husbands post was wonderful, I agree completely.

    I am seeking (among other things) that I could be the wife and mother God has called me to be. Everything else (ministry, work, etc) pales in comparison to that call on my life.
    Why did it take me so long to realize that??

    Blessings,
    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Sue,
    Thanks for reading and commenting!

    Just for clarification: Brad is not my husband (not sure if you thought he was?). He's a fellow blogger and my PASTOR!

    My husband doesn't have a blog, but wholeheartedly supports my little hobby.

    Just so you know. :-)

    Lisa

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes indeed, lots to ponder.

    My gut response is to immediately say "I'm seeking God". But I don't want to be like the Israelites with empty words, so I absolutely better ponder and consider if it is so. . .

    ReplyDelete
  5. Ha!!:) Thanks Sue. I'm glad you found the post edifying, and the comment was pretty good too.

    ReplyDelete