Thursday, April 17, 2008

A few of my favorite things

Awhile back, Boomama posted a list of her "Everyday Favorites." Ever one to imitate a good idea, meaning of course that I have little or no creativity, I thought I'd share a few of my favorite things, completely and totally random, and in no particular order...

Super sticky Post It notes. Call me a nerd, but I love, love, love Post It notes, my organizational tool of choice. My highly evolved system includes Post Its posted all over the microwave: to do lists, reminders, etc. My microwave is positioned over my stovetop, so I once had the problem of the heat from the stove causing my Post Its to no longer post. That is, until I discovered the Super Sticky version. Now, they not only remain even when subjected to the steam of a boiling pot of water, but I can also remove the Post It reminding me to pick up my friend's son and post it on the dusty dash of my van! And there it sticks! I haven't forgotten anyone yet!

Curel Green Tea, Aloe & Cucumber Lotion. Move over, Bath and Body Works. I can buy this at Wal Mart and I love how it smells.

Cetaphil Moisturizer. I have very dry, very sensitive skin and this stuff is the best, beating the department store stuff I used to use besides being much (much!) cheaper.

Clinique Buttershine lipstick in Delovely. It's a pink-y, nude-y, gloss-y lipstick that I wear nearly constantly. It's the only lipstick that I've gone through like four tubes. Of course, I hesitate to offer a makeup suggestion, given my beauty insecurities, so take it as you will.

Daily Light devotional. I'll occasionally pick up another devotional but always end up returning to this one, daily readings of nothing but Scripture. And by the way, I just learned you can read Daily Light online! (Isn't google amazing--oh, the things you can learn!) Check it out here.

So, there you go. A few of my everyday favorites. Aren't you glad you dropped in today?

11 comments:

  1. Fun post..
    I always go back to Daily Light, too. Love the fact that it's simply a compilation of Bible verses with no extra words added...

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm always glad I stopped by. I'll have to check out the Curel. Our closest B&BW is 40 minutes away.

    Actually, I should try all the things on your list!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun to know a little of the tidbits about you Lisa! I might just steal this for a post.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi - I thoroughly enjoyed your "like" list and I think it is cool that you shared them with us.....I love Post it notes, too - the VERY colorful ones.....

    MdA

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have that same lipstick color...it is a really nice color!

    I liked reading about your favorite things!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I'm never sorry I stopped by here. These sound like fun!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your blog is one of my everyday favorites! I enjoyed reading your list of faves.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This was a fun post to read! I'm glad I stopped by.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Going to have to check out the Bath and Body Works substitute.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My first stop by AND I scored a great lipstick suggestion...

    I hit the jackpot!

    Blessings, Joanne

    ReplyDelete
  11. LOVE the Cetaphil lotion! I use the cleanser too! I first read about it in the book "Don't Go to the Cosmetics Counter Without Me" by Paula Begoun.

    I'm thinking I'm going to borrow this topic for my book giveaway this week at Pragmatic Compendium! I'll link to you!

    Thanks!

    ReplyDelete