Tuesday, April 22, 2008

Meme: Passion Quilt

Women of the Word

My good friend Elle tagged me for a meme:
I tag these 3 Bible study teachers, Lisa at Lisa Writes; Rosemary at Seasonings of the Heart; and Kim at Hiraeth. All three of these women have contributed to my personal devotions through their writings, teaching me from their hearts having a great passion for true doctrine. I’m indebted to them, and praise God for how He uses them in His kingdom.
I copied Elle's kind words in order to say this: right back at you, my friend! To be included in such company is a honor indeed, and to know that my simple reflections have offered some degree of encouragement to one I respect and admire as much as Elle, well, I am humbled beyond words. Thanks, friend!
It's a Passion Quilt, with participants posting "quilt squares" representative of their passion. Here's the rules:
1. Post a picture or make/take/create your own that captures that about which YOU are most passionate for students to learn. Mine is above.
2. Give your picture a short title.
3. Title your blog post “Meme: Passion Quilt.”
4. Link back to this blog entry.
I've been sitting on this meme for awhile because 1) I'm not so creative and 2) I'm not so techno-smart. (no big newsflash there!) This is a picture of my Bible study group on the last night of our Ruth and Esther study. I had no idea how to get it off the camera until I read Lisa's post today. See what benefit the blog world offers!
My passion is teaching women to know and love the Word of God. How I long to grow in the knowledge of the Lord through the study of His Word--and I want that for my fellow Bible students as well! One thing I love about this picture (though one of the girls in the picture is so gonna kill me for posting it!) is the open Bibles spread out on the table. His Word is more precious than thousands of pieces of silver and gold! How good our God has been to us, faithful to keep His promise that as we seek Him with our whole heart we will surely find Him! We have heard Him speak, we have seen His glory, right there around a table of very ordinary women with open Bibles and seeking hearts. What grace! May we determine to be women of the Word!

3 comments:

  1. That's a picture worth a thousand Hallelujahs! What a precious treasure to see those smiles, those open Bibles, and those eager students of His marvelous Word. Thanks for contributing to their lives and mine.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love the picture and love your heart and your passion! You are a great example.

    And love the way all the women who were wearing white all sat together! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this picture and especially love that I know several of the faces! :) You mean your computer had that thingy too and you didn't know it either????

    L

    ReplyDelete