Thursday, May 29, 2008

Back in blogland (somewhat), and with a list of 6

1. You know that post about my twenty year high school reunion? The one I originally posted in October 2006? You know, October 2006, as in almost two years ago--which makes it TWENTY TWO years since I graduated from high school? Which makes me two years older than some of you thought I was? It pains me, really it does, but I have to keep it real: I graduated in 1986 and I am thirty nine years old. There, I said it, I own it.

2. Twitter, I do not understand. Yes, I've been on the FAQ page and still, I am confused.

3. Something I always forget: the best antidote for a funk is a healthy dose of the Word of God. A daily dose, to be sure. An hourly dose, even better. A minute-by-minute dose, may even be necessary and certainly beneficial.

4. No more car line until August 14! Yes and amen!

5. My boys make me proud. And remind me that anything their daddy and I have done right, it's all the grace of our God. Only grace, and grace alone. To God be the glory.

6. On the subject of grace, God's grace and His glory...my friend just called to tell me some good news, the best news, really: a woman she and I and others have prayed for has placed her faith in Christ alone to save. Glory to God! To my shame, sometimes I forget the power of God to save. He has, He does, He is, He will. She who once was lost now is found, and me as well--to the glory of God!

15 comments:

  1. Amen on 6 and 3 and as far as twitter, I even signed up because it felt like the "in" thing to do...yes, as Linda said, do we ever leave Jr. high? But I still don't get it and don't participate.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The veil has been lifted. It is always wonderful to hear...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praise Jesus!! for saving your friend.

    I am twittering now. The Preacher's Wife sent me an email about it. I figured if she wants to know what I'm doing all day, then I'll let her in on it. Just kidding. I've really enjoyed it this week since I signed up. It's almost like having a conversation. And I'm almost tempted to reactivate my Facebook account. I didn't realize I had it in me to be so "social." You know, behind the safety of this screen.

    Anyhoo, I hope you had a great week away from the blog. I enjoyed reading the older posts. You pulled from far back enough that I hadn't read several of them.

    BlawgHer date -- either the weekend before or after July 4th.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praise God for His redeeming love toward your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I graduated in 1986 & am now 40.

    I don't get Twitter at all, either.

    And, like Leslie, you went back far enough in the archives that I hadn't read your posts, either. It's nice to catch up with you, though.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 39? My, just a babe! See, you will always find one older than you! I graduated in 81-making me 45 sometime in June! Won't say exactly when-for now still only 44! LOL! Makes me twitter! LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I graduated in '86, too.

    What is twitter?

    I am happy to hear about your friend!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Yeah, the 25th High School reunion was last year for me. I'm feeling old these days.

    Amen to a shot of The Word as needed. However, such good advice is so hard to do. For some reason, I'd rather wallow than feel better. Stupid, I know! It's like eating healthy... I know it's good for me, yet I'm always tempted by the junk food!

    ReplyDelete
  9. To me, Twitter is just fancy-shmancy instant messaging. Only, instead of sending a message to just one person, you are sending it to everyone in the world. (Although probably only the people who follow you will read it.)

    I've only been Twittering for a week or so, but I think it appeals mostly to everyone who was labeled "talkative" throughout their school career.(Ahem.) For me, it's just a chance to share random thoughts about my day, since I have no one to talk to but kids.

    And they don't really care that this risotto is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  10. You people are depressing me. Remember I posted last week that I've now been out of COLLEGE for 25 years?!

    I'm gonna go put some Geritol in my mocha.

    (And some of you probably don't even know what that is!)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lisa! You are not old (despite what you thought from one of my previous comments)! Twitter is intriguing to me too, but since I can't do housework myself, it's probably better to have one less obsession getting in the way of daily needs. <--- she says with her sink full of dishes and her kids asleep in special "sleeping clothes due to no clean pjs."

    Praise God for another sister in Christ! I rejoice with you, your friend, and the angels!

    And as for the funk-repeller, I recently sent a desperate email to a dear, wise, sister who has walked a few steps ahead of me, asking for some quick advice. Her response was less than 10 minutes later and contained only these two sentences: "Pray for God's grace for the next 15 minutes. Repeat." Amen.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Just began to twitter myself. Still not sure of the point...LOL!

    ReplyDelete
  13. oh rejoicing!!!! Rejoicing in a new sister! Thanks for sharing that news - the most encouraging and exciting news ever!!!

    Twittering?? I don't get it either - my husband loves it!

    ReplyDelete
  14. The veil has been lifted. It is always wonderful to hear...

    ReplyDelete
  15. Amen on 6 and 3 and as far as twitter, I even signed up because it felt like the "in" thing to do...yes, as Linda said, do we ever leave Jr. high? But I still don't get it and don't participate.

    ReplyDelete