Saturday, May 17, 2008

The creepy crawly meme

Recently Elle posted a meme of sorts describing those things give her the creeps. She identified herself as a meme stalker, not having been officially tagged. Well I haven't been either, so maybe I'm guilty of the same...

At any rate, here are some things that give me the "willies"...

1. Loose teeth. This was on Elle's list as well, and I had to heartily concur. My sons have been known to exploit this particular phobia, wiggling their said loose tooth hanging by a mere membrane in close proximity to their unsuspecting mother in order to watch her creeped out reaction. Almost as bad, no, it is as bad, is one of my son's determination to pull his own teeth even though they are not quite ready to be pulled, which leads to the next phobia of mine...

2. Blood. Enough said.

3. Swimming in the ocean. Or a pond. Or any body of water where you cannot see your feet and the bottom is mushy. Not to mention the living organisms.

4. Snakes. Any and all kinds. Living or dead or merely a pictorial representation thereof.

5. The smell of raw chicken. I admit, raw chicken itself is pretty gross, but the smell? Ugh.

Anyone else willing to share their indiosyncrasies in all that frightens and repels you? Consider yourself tagged!

7 comments:

  1. Yes, the whole teeth thing did not receive clearance from me when filling out an application for motherhood. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am extremely fearful of clowns and anything in a costume. It is an unreasonable fear, but one I have never been able to overcome.

    The creepy crawly part? Even seeing one on TV gives me the super creeps.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ditto on the teeth. And I'm a nurse, no less! But my kids have pulled every one of their own teeth!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This has to be the strangest meme I've seen so far. Hmmm, none of yours seem to bother me.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm with you on the snakes. Loose teeth do not bother me, but finding old baby teeth in my son's room definitely does bother me. I'll do this meme tomorrow on my blog.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Lisa,

    I found your blog a while back and cannot remember the winding blog path that led me here. Nevertheless, I am glad I found you and enjoy reading. Your post cracked me up and I find that everything on your list is on mine. The troubling part is when I murmured to myself, "That's a short list..." :) I must do this on my blog tomorrow, if you do not mind.
    blessings,
    Flowerpot
    www.made-new@blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Yes, the whole teeth thing did not receive clearance from me when filling out an application for motherhood. Ugh!

    ReplyDelete