Tuesday, May 13, 2008

True Confessions

  • I got up early this morning for the first time in many, many weeks.
  • I didn't get up at 5, but 5:30.
  • I didn't sit on my porch. It was 47 degrees outside.
  • I wish I could say my time with the Lord was intense and free from all distractions and that the faint sound of the tv in the background didn't bother me one bit.
  • I could say that, but it would be a lie.
  • Can you guess which one of my children gets up before six a.m.?
  • On my to do list today is deep cleaning my youngest two sons' room.
  • Their room is a certified disaster area.
  • I have not taught them proper responsibility in terms of keeping their room neat.
  • I am a wimp. I think I will clean the dining room today instead.
  • The dining room is also a certified disaster area.
  • Evidently I lack proper responsibility in terms of keeping things neat as well.
  • I do not blame my mother.
  • I have a zit on my lower lip and it is UGLY.
  • I haven't read The Excellent Wife in many, many weeks.
  • I have read others' posts on The Excellent Wife and though I haven't been reading the book on my own, I am still convicted. Vicarious conviction, perhaps?
  • I haven't read hardly anything at all lately.
  • I did indulge in The Tale of Despereaux a couple of weeks ago. I devoured it in a day and loved it.
  • I did read another (short) book this weekend, also in one day. I really wanted to like it; really I did.
  • I didn't really like it. While I didn't necessarily disagree with the author, I felt the message lacking. I was disappointed.
  • One of my pet peeves is the "once over"--you know, when you walk up and the other person glances at what you're wearing, down to your shoes, before looking up at you. Hate this!
  • Part of me feels sorry for Hillary Clinton.
  • I hope David C. wins American Idol. But I haven't voted even once all season.
  • I am tempted to delete the bullet point about cleaning the dining room.
  • Because my husband reads my blog and well, he will know...
  • In my somewhat distracted time with the Lord this morning, I read the following Scripture: Let him ask in faith, with no doubting...
  • Sometimes--a lot of times--I doubt.
  • I also read this: Without faith it is impossible to please Him, for he who comes to God must believe that He is, and that He is a rewarder of those who diligently seek Him.
  • Lord, grant me faith that pleases You!

16 comments:

  1. Well said. Well lived. Happy Tuesday.

    ~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ummm...you're in my brain again somewhere...Thanks for being honest. Too many blogs are so happy clappy I think that their lives cannot be real.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I echo Elaine. Well written. Well Lived. You have such an amazing spirit and heart.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love this. I am even glad to know your dining room is a wreck!

    I echo and "amen" much of this. Except I didn't get up at 5:30 and it's certainly wasn't 47 degrees here! Yesterday's 70 felt downright chilly after being 100 both Friday and Saturday!

    Thanks for being authentic!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your life sounds a lot like mine. Your house sounds a lot like mine, too. I wimp out often on the cleaning and the teaching of responsibility to clean.

    Thanks for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love your authenticity.

    Life is exactly like your list -- a mixture of hopes, corrections, deep thoughts and realizations.

    ReplyDelete
  7. True confessions:
    *I got your message.
    *I couldn't answer the phone because the kids were screaming.
    *It's not you. It's them.
    *I mean, me.
    *I thought, If I would just send them to public school, then I could talk on the phone.
    *Then, I had mom-guilt.
    *Then, I had friend-guilt for not calling you back after I banished the kids to the yard.
    *I, too, love The Tale of Despereaux

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the bullet list...it made for a fun read.

    I may have to try this.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Sometimes--a lot of times--I doubt.

    Oh, boy do I know that feeling.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I've been reading TEW, but not posting because it's been so personal & convicting. So, I've been a slacker in that department, too.

    I'm working on teaching the responsibility to clean. It's probably easier with a girl, though. Like you, it's a lesson I need to learn myself (and I can't blame my mom, either).

    ReplyDelete
  11. Hey girl, I am awarding you with the E award. The post should be up in about 10 min.

    ReplyDelete
  12. you absolutely rock. disastrous dining room or not ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Well said...thanks so much for being real. We believe, Lord...help our unbelief!

    Kelli

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the list format. And the honesty.

    If the TV were on at my house before 6 a.m., it might drive me to be an "un-excellent mother." Not that I'm up before 6, but still.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just stumbled upon your blog through another blog and I am also a mom of four boys... I loved this post! I identify with your lofty ambitions and the "dailyness" in real life.
    Laurie

    ReplyDelete