Saturday, June 28, 2008

Essential Reading...

from Sojourner:

I, for one, have no patience with a mystery-less Christianity. I love the mysteries of God, and it is my charge as a pastor to guard them. "This is how one should regard us, as servants of Christ and stewards of the mysteries of God. Moreover, it is required of stewards that they be found trustworthy" (1 Cor. 4:1-2). That means I do not monkey with mystery to make it more understandable if the truth proves difficult. God's mysteries are not the sort of mysteries that leave one confused. They are sort of like a venture to the edge of the Grand Canyon. The vastness of the place that you trod will make you dizzy, and putting your toe to the edge of reason will nearly overwhelm you, as if the awesomeness of the place will pull you over the edge. Yet, to the edge we are beckoned. From there, with feet firmly planted, we will have the best view....

Read the rest of Brad's post here.


3 comments:

  1. That is really powerful. "to the edge we are beckoned". Whoever said Christianity was boring?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Though his post is long, it is worth reading the whole thing. Thanks for directing me to it.

    Glad you're back!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for that, I will check it out. Please visit me tomorrow anytime after 6 am. There is a surprise waiting for you.

    ReplyDelete