Monday, June 02, 2008

My portion forever

O Lord, You are the portion of my inheritance and my cup.
Heirs of God and joint heirs with Christ. ~ All things are yours. ~ My beloved is mine. ~ The Son of God...loved me and gave Himself for me.
The Lord said to Aaron: "You shall have no inheritance in their land, nor shall you have any portion among them; I am your portion and your inheritances among the children of Israel."
Whom have I in heaven but You? And there is none upon earth that I desire besides You. My flesh and my heart fail; but God is the strength of my heart and my portion forever.
Yea, though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil; for You are with me; Your rod and Your staff, they comfort me. ~ I know whom I have believed and am persuaded that He is able to keep what I have committed to Him until that day.
O God, You are my God; early will I seek You; my soul thirsts for You; my flesh longs for You in a dry and thirsty land.
Ps. 16:5; Rom. 8:17; 1 Cor. 3:21; Song of Sol. 2:16; Gal. 2:20; Num. 18:20; Ps. 73:25-26; Ps. 23:4; 2 Tim. 1:12; Ps. 63:1
~Daily Light, 6/2

2 comments:

  1. May I ever so be reminded of this in the wee hours of tomorrow....and rise early to spend time, face to face, with my Savior.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey girl! I was just looking up the "my portion forever" verse and found your site! I absolutely am floored that I have found a sweet sister in Christ in the blogging world! Thanks for the encouragement to have HIM as my inheritance. www.joelandkitty.com P.S. I love The Excellent Wife! As a newlywed it has kicked my hiney.

    ReplyDelete