Tuesday, June 03, 2008

Status Report, June

Sitting at my dining room table. No coffee; too hot.

Suffering from a sinus headache and it hurts. Bad.

Pondering prayer, specifically "Thy kingdom come" and whether that is what I really ask for when I am asking for the multitude of things I ask for.

Feeling the effects of writer's block. Big time. Hence this status report post, because in the post department, I got nuthin'. You know, keeping it real.

Seeking to trust the Lord's sovereignty in a specific situation. Wanting to be in control, sometimes striving to manipulate, and ultimately learning to surrender it all to Him. He is working it out, this I must believe.

Wondering when I will get over this cleaning strike (so to speak). My house, it is trashed. The housekeeper (me), she can't seem to care.

Loving Cheez It Duos. I can't stop.

Reading John Adams by David McCullough and understanding these words of Adams': "I muse, I mope, I ruminate." Me too, John, me too.

Sending out a big shout out to my dear, dear friend in real life, Cindi, who moved far away from me several years ago. She's blogging now, so though our phone calls are far too few and far too long in between we can at least cross cyber paths. Since you're here, head over there and drop her a note of welcome!


6 comments:

  1. These words of yours resonnated with me big time!

    Wanting to be in control, sometimes striving to manipulate, and ultimately learning to surrender it all to Him. He is working it out, this I must believe.

    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. What are cheez it duos? : )

    Kind of wishing I could sit down and have a long conversation with you face to face! ; )

    I'm so sorry about the sinus headache - OUCH!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. "I muse, I mope, I ruminate."

    LOVE that!

    I can't write either. I can't think. Kids are out of school and my thoughts are SOOO fragmented. I just get an idea and hear, "MOoooooM!

    LOVE your new look!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Writer's block - check, me, too.

    I agree with John Adams, too.

    "Wanting to be in control, sometimes striving to manipulate, and ultimately learning to surrender it all to Him. He is working it out, this I must believe." - Thanks for sharing that. I need to be reminded to surrender and trust Him, too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Girlfriend, you have clout!! What a surprise to go to my humble blog and see your friends' comments.
    Does that mean I can't hide anymore? :-) And I haven't even had my blog makeover yet! I feel like I've gone out without putting makeup on!
    Really, tho', thank you for mentioning me. Hope your headache is better; I remember how those could "get ya."

    ReplyDelete