Thursday, July 03, 2008

Comfort food

For (albeit temporary) comfort in those times you come home from church sobbing:




+

+

For (lasting) comfort,

This I call to my mind, therefore I have hope.
Through the Lord's mercies we are not consumed, because His compassions fail not.
They are new every morning; Great is Your faithfulness.
"The Lord is my portion," says my soul, "Therefore I hope in Him!"
The Lord is good to those who wait for Him, to the soul who seeks Him.
It is good that one should hope and wait quietly for the salvation of the Lord.
Lam. 3:21-26

And,

But He knows the way that I take;
When He has tested me, I shall come forth as gold.
Job 23:10



8 comments:

  1. Oh sweetie...my trial right now is of a completely different source but my heart seems to be right where yours is as well...and I love my Starbuck's and my chocolate and the Word to get me through. Thanks for those verses. I needed them today. Hugs to you dear sister.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Make that chocolate into french fries or potato chips, and I'm there!

    I guess I'm not a properly constructed woman, because sweets don't tempt me. Coffee, now, that's a different story.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Come on over! I'll join you in any or all of that!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Praying for comfort for your heart and mind...

    ReplyDelete
  5. "You must allow me to tell you how ferverently and ardently I love you..." Opps... I'm sorry, what were we talking about? Oh yeah... coffee, chocolate, and God's auh-mazing promises.

    Ahhh... I found this quite delicious.

    He is SO good.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, those truly are the foods of comfort. If I lived closer, I'd come join you in a cup of coffee and a bite of chocolate.

    Also praying for a mind and heart of peace that can only come from the grace and goodness of our Lord.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Make that chocolate into french fries or potato chips, and I'm there!

    I guess I'm not a properly constructed woman, because sweets don't tempt me. Coffee, now, that's a different story.

    ReplyDelete