Tuesday, December 02, 2008

Every one

This morning I read Luke 4:40...

Now when the sun was setting, all those who had any who were sick with various diseases brought them to him, and he laid his hands on every one of them and healed them.

The study note in my Bible makes the following observation:

"Though it was late and the sun was setting, Jesus did not miraculously perform an instantaneous 'group healing' but paid individual attention to each person." (ESV Study Bible)

To the glory of God, Jesus is not only "our" Savior and Redeemer, He is MY Savior and Redeemer!!!! In saving me, He has laid His hands on ME and healed ME! Listen, we are just not one of the crowd; those who belong to Him are His sheep who He has called by name!

11 comments:

  1. Amen! Thanks for pointing that out. =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love it. Thanks for the great observation.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh, how I love the details in the Word. How many times have we read this scripture and missed that one little detail.

    Thanks for reminding me that He cares about all of it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh thankyou Jesus for healing and setting me free! mmmm... I loved this, Lisa! Thanks so much for sharing your thoughts and your insights on this scripture.

    Hugs.. Amy

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Lisa,
    I'm just trying to catch up on blogland ~ holiday season and all ~ I have just been too busy to read much.
    I love this post and needed a reminder:)
    Thanks,
    Cindy

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you Lisa. This precious reminder gives me lots to meditate on for the whole day!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Lisa....that is so encouraging.
    I spent last night at Riley Hospital with a dear friend. Her son, John, a senior at Purdue is there in his last bit of time on this earth. He was diagnosed with Hodgkins last year.
    They had just found a donor match for him 2 weeks ago. His young body couldn't wait any longer, he's filled with the cancer.

    The hospital administration had to close off the largest waiting room available to allow that to be an overflow room. Friends and family came from everywhere to show love to this precious kid. More than 100 of them Purdue college students.

    Your sharing this verse.....really hits home for me.
    Very soon, John will be truly free too.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the saying that I hear and repeat often: "He would die all over again if only for me." What a concept that I am that important to Him out of all His creation.

    Elaine
    http://akhmmm.wordpress.com

    ReplyDelete