Tuesday, January 27, 2009

On my Nightstand, January


Yes, it's time for 5 Minutes for Books' monthly carnival, "What's On Your Nightstand?" in which participants post what they're reading, on the nightstand or no.

Currently reading:

The Gospel According to Jesus: What Is Authentic Faith?by John MacArthur

Brokenness: The Heart God Revives by Nancy Leigh Demoss (for our ladies' Bible study meeting on Wednesday mornings)

Just finished:

All I Need Is Jesus and a Good Pair of Jeans: The Tired Supergirl's Search for Grace by Susanna Foth Aughtmon (look for my upcoming review at 5 Minutes for Books)

The Book Thief by Markus Zusak (loved it!)

Hope to begin soon:

Les Miserables by Victor Hugo (for the Classics Bookclub at 5 Minutes for Books--it's a long one so I need to begin soon!)

Perhaps Come Along: The Journey into a More Intimate Faith by Jane Rubietta or Tender Grace by Jackina Stark, both titles for review.

What about you? What are you reading? Let us know!

11 comments:

  1. I think this is the first time I haven't said, "Oh no! We have all the same books going!" ;) However, the thought is still, "Oh! I like everything she's reading!"

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do look forward to your review on "...Good Pair of Jeans" -- that one has me curious.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I posted my LONG list today.

    And ditto to Katrina's comment.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, I am getting ready to have major surgery and will be down for 6 weeks, so I'm saving my reading for then. However, my list will be.....

    Safe People
    In a pit with a lion on a snowy day
    Wild Goose Chase
    The Shack
    God Chasers
    Crazy Love

    ReplyDelete
  5. I posted my this time, too - thanks for the reminder!!

    I just finished The Gospel According to Jesus, and I think I want to read it again - much to think about.

    And now you've caused me to add another book to my already long and growing list of things I want to read - The Book Thief.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Okay, that should have said that I've posted mine. Apparently my fingers were moving slower than my brain....

    ReplyDelete
  7. I loved The Book Thief too! I need to get started on Les Mis, but am going to read the short version since I have lots of books on my stack.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Glad to hear you enjoyed the Book Thief. Its on my pile to be read soon.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You should (or did you already?) post a review for The Book Thief. It's one of those books everyone wonders about, and I'd love to see a review at 5M4B.

    And yeah, you should get started on Les Mis, but if you are reading an abridged version it won't take toooo long (as I firmly believe everyone should, because books over 1000 pages SHOULD be abridged)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Looks like a great list! I am scared to try Les Mis it looks intimidating. I read the abridged version in high school but I'm pretty sure I just read the cliff notes and watched the movie :-P

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know, my online book club did The Book Thief a while back, but for some reason or another, I opted out, and I've heard nothing but fantastic things about it since. Perhaps it needs to go on the TBR list!

    ReplyDelete