Monday, March 16, 2009

Seven (More) Kinds of Random

My new blog friend Cindy @ Letters From Midlife tagged me to share 7 random things about myself and, secretly, I'm a little relieved. Y'all know that awhile back I posted 25 Random Things (a la Facebook). After posting the list o' 25, I did a little reading of some of my friends' lists and immediately decided that my list, while indeed random, was also, well, lame.

By tagging me, Cindy has allowed me opportunity to redeem myself and offer you an amendment of sorts, an addendum to my original list of randomness. So, to further reveal the true multi-dimensioned random that is me, here are 7 more random facts about me:

1. I can understand, explain, and even recognize the off-sides penalty in soccer. In fact, I have been known to educate fans from the opposing team on the rightness of such a call. Only when they express confusion over such call, you understand.

2. While I like new clothes and find fashion fascinating, I am most comfortable in jeans and a tee shirt or sweater and little or no makeup.

3. I must wear a watch. I must. I cannot go without. Can not and will not function without my watch.

4. Despite the watch (!), I'm terrible at accessorizing, especially when it comes to jewelry. Cute, trendy jewelry is a look I am unable to carry. My favorite piece of jewelry is my charm bracelet, comprised of charms I've received as gifts and some I've purchased on my own to commemorate various events like my first real speaking opportunity or having my first article published. Sentimental stuff despite the fact I'm not really all that sentimental.

5. One of my biggest pet peeves? People who stand too close. In other words, I have a HUGE personal space. And while we're discussing pet peeves, here's another: when people give you the once over, looking you over from head to toe, all before looking you in the eye. HATE that!

6. I'm terribly competitive. So much so that I refuse to play games. Because I might lose. And I hate to lose. I hate to be bad at something even more.

7. One of my biggest fears? Failure. Messing up and missing out.

Finally, for one more random thing about me: fellow blogger SandySmile (whom I know in real life too) tagged me with the Lemonade Award, given to blogs with great attitude or gratitude. How cool is that? For more gratitude and attitude (the good kind), go check out Sandra's Groovy Kind of Life...

Thanks, Sandra!

So, there you go, Cindy! Anyone else want to share their randomness with the blog community? Consider yourself tagged!

11 comments:

  1. #3 - Me too. Although I can usually guess the time within about 2 minutes without even looking at it.

    #6 - you and my husband. I'm very competitive but I LOVE games.

    #5 - yes, especially the second part. The first part is true for me face-to-face talking.

    #7 - yep.

    Award well deserved!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I just think you're the best. I wish we lived closer. I'd come and sit with you across the table anyday! Especially if I could wear my jeans, t-shirt, and no makeup...although I'm pretty certain that you wear it better than me.

    You are just a precious woman of God with a big heart for family, friends, and your faith journey.

    Keep to it, dear one. I love visiting your life.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these kinds of posts -- I always feel like I get to know you a little better.

    Right there with you on #3, #4, #5, & #7. As for being competitive, I love to play games, but my husband always tells me I'm more competitive than I think I am.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks for your kind words! We never did the soccer thing so I would be totally out of the loop on that one! Have a great week! I know I will, since I am off for Spring break!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Cute award! Congrats.

    Wow, I can relate to all of these! I knew I liked you for a reason! :v)

    ReplyDelete
  6. So does this mean I have to count you out when/if I host a game nite? :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I love your list! Thank you for doing the tag. I'm with you on the dressing simply without all the latest trends. I even used to be an image consultant but now I just go for simple.

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is 12:27 a.m., and while I'm sitting up late (early, rather) working on Bible study - I decided to pop over here for a sec. Because I haven't been here for a while! And I'm on day 3 now of Beth's Psalms study so I am taking a tiny break - we meet HERE in 9 hours. Don't tell my study friends that I am so behind this week. I'll get it done, have the house spotless and the coffee brewing when they all arrive. OK, maybe I'll have that last thing done.
    ANYWAY, your Random List makes me chuckle, and I'm glad that I already know most of those things about you. This coming weekend?? It'll be hard not to hug you tight when I see you (it's been over a year, girl!!) but I'll try hard not to - AND we will not be playing card games. :-) Maybe some corn hole - that's the "thing" in the midwest...
    But I ramble. Thanks for the short break - can't wait to see ya!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. And one more thing: I still get a little knife pain in my heart when I think about NOT sitting with you at soccer games.....:-(

    ReplyDelete