Monday, July 20, 2009

Books, books, books!

GIRLTALK BOOKCLUB



Girltalk will be reading Womanly Dominion: More Than A Gentle and Quiet Spirit as part of their Bookclub series. I'm planning to join in; I know Leslie is as well. Anyone else?

The girls at Girltalk will kick off the bookclub with a discussion of the Introduction and Chapter One on August 10, followed by two chapters each week. Interested? Pick up a copy and join us!


CLASSICS BOOKCLUB at 5 Minutes for Books

Classics Bookclub

Speaking of bookclubs, over at 5 Minutes for Books we are reading Rebecca, one of my favorites! If you're reading with us, be sure to link up your thoughts at 5 Minutes for Books on August 4. If you're not reading with us, it's not too late to start! We'll be posting some questions to jump start your review; look for them next week.

RECENT REVIEWS

Speaking of reviews, here are some books I've read recently and liked immensely (linked to my review):

I Capture the Castle--my dear blog friend Amelia told me about this one, assuring me I would like it. I did. So much so I would love to read it again and soon.

Finding An Unseen God--so, so good. Part memoir, part apologetics, beautifully written.

Sometimes a Light Surprises--I love, love, love Jamie Langston Turner's novels and this one is no different.

The Bookends of the Christian Life--a dual review by me and Carrie. We both loved this book. It is both doctrinal and practical. My church is currently using this book as part of our community group curriculum. I highly recommend it.

3 comments:

  1. Oh! THANKS for the reminder about Rebecca. I'm going to go pull it from my bookshelf RIGHT NOW and put it in my reading stack so that I don't forget!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I always love to see what books you like.

    I may have to give Rebecca another try. Years ago I read an excerpt/condensed version in Good Housekeeping and didn't like it. But you convinced me on P&P, so maybe I'll give this another look!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I got Womanly Dominion last week...can't wait to start!

    I'm reading Rebecca, too. Very good book.

    ReplyDelete