Saturday, August 08, 2009

Bible Study Coming Soon: Hoping for Something Better


I am so excited about Bible study resuming in a few weeks! The summer hiatus is usually necessary and good, and makes me all the more eager to resume meeting together with my friends and sisters in the journey. This fall we will be studying the book of Hebrews, using Nancy Guthrie's book Hoping for Something Better: Refusing to Settle for Life as Usual to facilitate our study. I spent the morning previewing the book and reading the Introduction and now I am so excited that I can't hardly stand it!

I will be teaching on Wednesday mornings beginning September 9. If you're local and you're interested in joining us, shoot me an email or give me a call; I'll be ordering books in the next couple of weeks. Ours is a eclectic group of women of different ages and from different churches across our city--we'd love to have you!

Want to know more about Nancy's book? Click here for an overview.

10 comments:

  1. I wish I lived close! I would love to go through this study with your group. I'm working through this study after Elle blogged about it, and I'm on Chapter 3 now. It's good. This is one I'm looking at for our group to do once we get established - just starting this fall with something a little less indepth. May your group be blessed as you spend time together in His word!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sounds like a good study. I wonder what choice our group made for the fall...
    It is good to get back in the groove :0)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa,
    I'm planning on being there if you could order me a book! I've been out of town for 2 weeks and will be gone for 1 more. Can't wait to go to lunch and catch up with you! I will call you when I get back. The study looks great-I can't wait! Love,
    Kendall

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ok this post makes me a little sad, since I won't be there to go through it with you guys! Tell everyone I said hello. (I miss our Bible Study)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I would love to be local and come join you!! The book looks really good though. Maybe I'll follow along from a distance. :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Unfamiliar with this book but heading over now for a review. Thanks for the reading tip! We're going to work through Priscilla Shirer's "one in a million"--looks great to me.

    Hope the summer is winding up well for your family. Mine has been the busiest one ever. Kids went back to school today. My two older sons head to college this weekend. Talk to me next week; my sanity might return by then.

    peace~elaine

    ReplyDelete
  7. Haven't seen this study yet - looks like a good one. You know I would love to be in Bible study with you. Am still trying to figure out what fall Bible study will look like for me this year...

    ReplyDelete
  8. I wish I could come and be in your study too! I hope you'll fall in love with Jesus in a deeper way through the study as that is what studying Hebrews has helped me to do.

    I'd love to join your group by phone or by skype sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  9. OH...I am SO going to check out that study...I start a new small group semester in a few weeks and am currently looking for some new material. Thanks for the heads up!

    xoxo,
    Melissa in Mel's World

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH...I am SO going to check out that study...I start a new small group semester in a few weeks and am currently looking for some new material. Thanks for the heads up!

    xoxo,
    Melissa in Mel's World

    ReplyDelete