Monday, October 19, 2009

Kentucky-Auburn game, a pictorial review

We had a wonderful time on our trip to Auburn for the Kentucky-Auburn game. Of course, by now you know that Auburn lost so some of us didn't have as much fun as might have been possible otherwise but on the whole it was lots of fun, even for someone as non-committal as me! I have to tell you, though, Tiger Walk itself almost persuaded me: thousands (literally) of fans as far as the eye can see, cheering, slapping, high-fiving the players and coaches as they walked from their bus to the stadium. Pretty cool. I told my husband that I don't see how anyone could lose after that kind of frenzied excitement!

Oh yes, and for those of you who were curious: I did not wear anything blatantly partisan. My concession was to the color orange though, as you can see, it's more Texas than Auburn...

Me and my oldest and youngest boys before we left (ignore the dirty kitchen):

Numbers One, Two and Three, looking for an open spot at Tiger Walk:

My Auburn guys:

Yeah, it was C O L D ! ! !


Our view:


4 comments:

  1. In a crowd of 80,000, how could I have missed you? :-) I am curious where you are seated though...were you facing the big screen TV? Your view looks suspiciously close to the view I had!

    Nice pictures. I'll know better how to look for you next time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ahh...great photos Lisa! Your boys are so handsome.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the pictures. And love your Texas burnt orange! Especially since it was the day to beat OU! (Yeah, I know you went to Baylor!)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Quite a handsome bunch there! Glad to hear you all had a good time... despite the score.

    ReplyDelete