Thursday, October 29, 2009

Observations, a list of 4

1. It's raining. Again. Another gray and dreary day with a threat of another gray and dreary mood to match.

2. Basketball season begins tonight for my number two boy. I can't believe it! He went to school today decked out in a shirt, tie and khakis, looking all grown up and leaving me to wonder where all my babies went?

3. In Tuesday's Nightstand post, I forgot to mention that I also recently finished reading The Swiss Courier by Trish Goyer and Mike Yorkey, a story of spies and double agents set in World War II. The plot was a little predictable but enjoyable nonetheless. In short, I liked it (and Lauren did too; check out her review here and enter to win a copy of your own!). Thanks to Litfuse Publicity Group for giving me the opportunity to read it!

4. I can't believe I haven't mentioned this yet but I am going to Nicaragua. Yes, I--me, Lisa--am going on a mission trip to another country, another culture, another world very different from my own, Nicaragua. Some of you know me well enough to know that an international mission trip has long been a dream and desire of mine. The dream is now reality and I am so overwhelmed I can hardly talk or write about it. We are going in February, 7 of us from my church. I'm not sure what my responsibilities will include but there is the possibility that my pastor's wife (and friend) and I will be leading a woman's conference. In Nicaragua. Did I mention I'm overwhelmed? I'm sure I will be blogging more in the future but for now, will you pray for us?

11 comments:

  1. 1. We've had lots of rain too.
    2. Time is quickly passing!
    3. I enjoyed The Swiss Courier.
    4. That's so neat! It will be here before you can turn around twice!

    ReplyDelete
  2. 1. No rain here but it is cool today.
    2. It kind of bugs me that it's basketball season already. Sign of time passing so quickly.
    3. I'm reading another Hilltop mystery with Beatrix Potter as the main character.
    4. Congratulations on stepping out on an international mission trip. Praying right now that all will fall into place for the Glory of God. Keep reminding us here and there to pray...

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had to laugh because my number one observation would be "It's sunny. Again. Another bright and sunny day." However, the mood...not so much a match! Honestly, I'm a little tired of bright and sunny...I'd love to trade you for a cozy, gray day!! :)

    So excited about your trip to Nicaragua!! Will be praying as you prepare...for whatever you will be doing there! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. 1. Yes, raining here, too.
    2. I bet!
    3. I'm almost done with The Count of Monte Cristo.
    4. Wow! I'm terrified of leaving the country. But, if I go anywhere, I hope it will be to either a Spanish-speaking or English-speaking country so I can communicate with the people. I know you do French. What about Spanish?

    ReplyDelete
  5. Try Babbel for some practice. I use it to keep my Spanish vocab fresh.

    ReplyDelete
  6. 1. It's HOT. Again.
    2. We a week of have football/basketball overlap as playoffs and tryouts occur in the same week on the same days at different times.
    3. Among other things, I'm reading "Prayer" by Yancey. Wow.
    4. I'm with ellen b. - keep reminding us!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Bought you a gift for the trip today! Just a simple item. I guess you will have to just sit and wonder.
    Amy

    ReplyDelete
  8. I'm so happy that your dream is coming true, Lisa. That's wonderful!

    Here is a link to an article just published re: Tricia Goyer. Who knew she homeschooled? :)

    http://heartofthematteronline.com/write-at-home-tricia-goyer/

    ReplyDelete
  9. 18 inches of snow here.

    I look forward to hearing more about your missions trip, and will pray for you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. OH WOW!!!!!!! =D How cool is THAT!? I'm so excited to "journey with you" to Nicaragua and see this dream journey take place. REALLY excited for you!

    ReplyDelete
  11. How did I miss this?! How exciting!! I will be praying for you as you prepare for your trip to Nicaragua... I know God will use you mightily!

    ReplyDelete