Saturday, November 07, 2009

In everything giving thanks-7

Today I am thankful for:
  • a beautiful fall day (all day long) spent at the soccer fields
  • the miracle of sunscreen
  • the refreshment of a cold Coca-Cola and the thoughtfulness of my son who brought it to me
  • grandparents who travel many miles for the opportunity to applaud and cheer
  • volunteers who give a great deal of time and effort with no pay other than the reward of seeing a few hundred kids have a great time playing a great game
  • daddies-turned-soccer coaches who encourage excellence as they teach the importance of teamwork, discipline and fun
  • boys and girls who play hard, give their best, and have fun as they do so

4 comments:

  1. Sweet list! Glad you had a good autumn day! It's raining here and I'm feeling a little down and struggling with getting a thanks post out... :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. You practically described our day! It was wonderful soccer. We only had an evening game so we weren't there all day, but it was perfect soccer weather.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You have a beautiful blog and I loved reading what you are thankful for! I saw that MoziEsme added you to our list of thanks. And I am thankful, because I enjoyed your past several posts. Have a great Sunday!

    Jodi

    ReplyDelete