Tuesday, February 23, 2010

On My Nightstand-February

What's On Your Nightstand



I recently finished reading:
Keeping the Feast: One Couple's Story of Love, Food, and Healing in Italy by Paula Butturini
Finally Alive by John Piper
Holy Subversion: Allegiance to Christ in an Age of Rivals by Trevin Wax

I read/scanned portions of the following in preparation for teaching at my church's marriage retreat this weekend:
Radical Womanhood by Carolyn McCulley
The Excellent Wife by Martha Peace
Feminine Appeal by Carolyn Mahaney
Womanly Dominion by Mark Chanski
Lies Women Believe by Nancy Leigh Demoss

For Bible study we are still reading:
Holiness: The Heart God Purifies by Nancy Leigh Demoss

I just began reading:
The Lost Art of True Beauty: The Set-Apart Girl's Guide to Feminine Grace by Leslie Ludy

I hope to read soon:
The Lumby Lines by Gail Fraser
Dug Down Deep by Joshua Harris
Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by JI Packer
The Three Musketeers by Alexander Dumas

You can keep up with my reading progress under the (conveniently named) "Reading" tab under my header!

What are YOU reading this month? Let us know by linking up at 5 Minutes for Books!

14 comments:

  1. February always gets away from me...my nightstand post is going to be late (again!) this month. You will love Dug Down Deep...I'm almost finished with it. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I have "Finally Alive" somewhere down deep on my list. I'll have to be satisfied with reading it vicariously through you for now. Thanks for sharing your list. Always inspiring for me to see, and to steal a few ideas from.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ooo. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on The Lost Art of True Beauty.

    I just started reading The Lumby Lines myself. I'll be anxious to swap notes, as they say. =)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just finished Gospel-Powered Parenting. It was great.

    How do you like Trevin's book?

    ReplyDelete
  5. We are working through Lies Women Believe in our Sunday night women's group, led by our pastor's wife. I wish I had read this book years ago.

    By the way, I've passed a blogging award your way: http://sweet-teawithlemon.blogspot.com/2010/02/beautiful-blogger-award.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Lost Art of True Beauty s0unds wonderful. I hope you will write a review!

    ReplyDelete
  7. You've listed a very nice collection of books on Biblical Womanhood! I reviewed Carolyn McCulley's "Radical Womanhood" at Chrysalis... if you have time, take a look. I LOVED it! Excellent, really excellent.

    http://chrysaliscom.blogspot.com/2009/02/book-review-radical-womanhood.html

    Blessings,

    e-Mom @ Chrysalis

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would love to know what you thought about "Keeping The Feast"?

    ~~

    ReplyDelete
  9. I liked it; a lot. You can watch for my review at 5 Minutes for Books. As a believer, I found much to enjoy even though Butturini does not profess faith in Christ, at least she did not in the context of the book. But her prose is so beautiful and her descriptions of Rome and its beauty so enticing! Yes, there is much to enjoy and savor...

    ReplyDelete
  10. I liked it a lot! Very timely and very much counter-cultural. I recommend it!

    ReplyDelete
  11. I would love to know what you thought about "Keeping The Feast"?

    ~~

    ReplyDelete
  12. You've listed a very nice collection of books on Biblical Womanhood! I reviewed Carolyn McCulley's "Radical Womanhood" at Chrysalis... if you have time, take a look. I LOVED it! Excellent, really excellent.

    http://chrysaliscom.blogspot.com/2009/02/book-review-radical-womanhood.html

    Blessings,

    e-Mom @ Chrysalis

    ReplyDelete