Sunday, March 21, 2010

Spring Reading Thing '10


My internet friend Katrina of Callapidder Days hosts the Spring Reading Thing, a reading challenge where we the participants post a list of the books we hope to read through the next three months (Spring, as it were). At the end of the challenge, we then post a synopsis (or confessional) of what we read and didn't, what we liked and didn't.

I've participated in most of Katrina's Spring Reading Things (and its sister, Fall Reading Thing, which takes place each September appropriately enough) ever since I was a newbie blogger. It's lots of fun to see what others are reading; plus Katrina has prizes and giveaways! So, in the name of nostalgia and fun, friendship and books, here are my personal reading goals for this Spring:

NONFICTION
Let the Reader Understand: A Guide to Interpreting and Applying the Bible by McCartney and Clayton (currently reading)
When People are Big and God is Small: Overcoming Peer Pressure, Codependency and the Fear of Man by Welch (currently reading)
Spiritual Depression: Its Causes and Cures by Lloyd-Jones
Evangelism and the Sovereignty of God by Packer
A Chance to Die: The Life and Legacy of Amy Carmichael by Elliott

FICTION/MEMOIR
Home by Robinson
Hotel on the Corner and Bitter and Sweet by Ford
Same Kind of Different as Me by Hall and Moore
The Age of Innocence by Wharton

It's a pretty ambitious list, particularly given the fact that I have a stack of books to be read and reviewed for 5 Minutes for Books! The good thing is, there is no penalty for not meeting your goals; you even have the prerogative to change your mind! Interested in joining the fun? Check out all the details at Katrina's!

Happy Spring Reading!

10 comments:

  1. My book club read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet for March. It was a sweet story and I really liked the characters. We read if after a particularly heavy book, so I thought it was a light read, but others might not. Enjoy it!

    Age of Innocence is one of my very favorite "classic" books. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really liked When People Are Big and God Is Small. I may need to re-read it again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I always enjoyed the reading challenges, but it was a little too daunting last fall and now with all of the books I've got stacked for reviews!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Looks like a great list! I have a few on my TBR list :-) Have fun reading this Spring.

    ReplyDelete
  5. You go girl! I'm lucky if I can get part of a non-fiction read in the challenge. I'm so more of a fiction kind of reader. LOL.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hey thanks for coming to see me today at lunch. Are you liking Welch's book? I'd like to borrow the depression book when you get done. Have a wonderful evening! Talk to you soon!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great list, Lisa! I'll be curious to see what you think of Spiritual Depression -- I've seen that book recommended many times, but have never picked it up. I also plan to read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter & Sweet...one of these days.

    Thanks for being such a faithful participants in these challenges -- I always love to see what you're reading!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Great list! Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have many of those same books (the fiction ones, at least) on my TBR list. I also have the Elliott book on there.

    You'll have to let me know about the Packer book...I've been interested in that one and wondering if I should purchase it.

    ReplyDelete
  10. My book club read Hotel on the Corner of Bitter and Sweet for March. It was a sweet story and I really liked the characters. We read if after a particularly heavy book, so I thought it was a light read, but others might not. Enjoy it!

    Age of Innocence is one of my very favorite "classic" books. Hope you like it.

    ReplyDelete