Monday, March 08, 2010

What would you do?

The downstairs has been vacuumed and dusted; the washing machine and dryer are churning away; the groceries have been purchased and put away; supper is in the crock pot. I now have an hour before I must go pick the boys up from school (we're talking real time here). What should I do? Here's my options (among many):

  • Sweep and mop the kitchen

  • Vacuum and dust upstairs

  • Write some thank you notes

  • Empty and load the dishwasher

  • Write one of the three blog posts percolating in my brain

  • Work on Bible study

  • Read more of The Three Musketeers (loving it!)

  • Sit on the porch and write a blog post, work on Bible study or read

  • Go for a walk (like for exercise)


What would YOU do?

12 comments:

  1. I vote for "Sit on the porch and write a blog post, work on Bible study or read". It's a chance to enjoy the almost Spring weather. We've got some serious cabin fever 'round our house so the porch sounds very inviting.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Do the one that helps to "clear your head" - that's a lot to think about !

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would read!! I love to read and rarely get a moment to.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Read the Three Musketeers then go on a walk.

    I was trying to figure out if I should keep reading books or go for a bike ride. Alas, I chose to read.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Well, if you're interested, I chose the walk. It was such a gorgeous day and I'm glad I was able to spend part of it outside (and with a Matt Chandler sermon on my iPod as well!).

    ReplyDelete
  6. OK, I'm a little late on this one.... but I just have to ask: Are you having company??!

    "Sweep AND dust the stairs? What?

    ;O)

    ReplyDelete
  7. OK, you didn't say "sweep and dust." You said "vacuum and dust."

    And I was thinking as I was going over your options, that I would so want to either take a walk or sit on the porch..... BUT my Martha side would probably kick in and I would feel obligated to be doing some of those household chores. Those never-ending household chores, I might add.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I would write the thank you notes then read. (and feel guilty for not taking a walk)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well, I missed the boat on this one! Glad you chose something refreshing!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Well, I think you know what I'D do.....

    ReplyDelete
  11. The first four and the last ones are NEVER my go-to options (but often should be), and lately blogging isn't either (I wish it was sometimes). Nor is the at-home computer work that I should be doing (for pay!).

    It's usually Read or Sit on the Porch (and do one of the things you mentioned). In fact, today is SO nice here, that I thought of some things I could DO while sitting out there (since I have a long list of to-dos).

    ReplyDelete